RESULTS OF CAT/PET SCAN SHOWS CANCER

enyaw061032

I went through the chest xray,cat scan, and ct/pet scan, all of which showed lung cancer is back in right lung, don't know if recurrent or new lung cancer until get bronoscopy tomorrow and the biopsy as soon as possible to learn what it is. Also, they found a spot on my neck, low back, and lymph nodes. Don't know for sure how many lymph nodes are involved yet. After biopsy, my pulmonologist will arrange with oncologist for treatment.

I am now numb, actually in a state of shock. I will be proactive and do what I can to put it in its cage.

I just wanted to let you all know.

Barb

BArb I wish i had the right words!!! I do have prayers and Positive thoughts for you for some good news in this. Saying prayers for you tonite under a CArolina Sky!

This is what the PET SCAN SAYS. If anyone understands what all or any of this means, I'd sure appreciate it. It is greek to me.

+IMPRESSION: THERE IS A HYPERMETABOLIC RIGHT UPPER LOBE MASS CONSISTENT WITH MALIGNANCY. THERE IS UNDERLYING HYPERMETABOLIC RIGHT HILAR AND MEDIASTINAL ADENOPATHY. THERE IS A HYPERMETABOLIC LESION CONSISTENT WITH METASTASIS IN T9.

HYPERMETABOLIC LEFT SUBMANDIBULAR LYMPH NODE CONSISTENT WITH METASTIC NODE.

Barb,

I'm sorry to hear of the change. Best wishes for getting a good treatment plan and being able to live with it. I had stage IV when diagnosed with brain and spine mets. My chemo has been effective in holding things at bay with little sid effects. I have also needed radiation and brain Stereotactic radiation. But other than additional sleep, it feels okay.

Good luck.

Mary

I went to the hospital at 9:00 AM this morning, and finally had a bronchoscope at 11:30! Aren't these hospitals efficient? The doctor was 30 minutes late as I wait in an uncomfortable position with my nose harnessed for a breathing treatment; then they took that off and I waited more. Finally the doctor came and before I knew it, I was knocked out and woke up being taken back to my room. My husband was waiting for the doctor, so the doctor went in and told him that HE WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND THE CANCER! Can you believe this? So I am back at square one.

The next step is unknown right now; it is contingent upon whether the oncologist can come up with a treatment without knowing for sure what kind of lung cancer this is - whether a recurrence or a new one, plus all the other areas that were lit up on the PET SCAN. If the onc can't proceed, and I am a bit uncomfortable with him proceeding without knowing what, precisely, he is treating me for? Anyway if the onc is uncomfortable, then the surgeon will open up the front of my neck and get in there for a biopsy.

Needless to say, friends, I am a total and complete wreck!

Have any of you heard of such a thing? Any advice, pleae?

Barb