Hi, I am a newbie

kathyfo

Hello all, I am new to this site and just found out last week my step Mom whom I love very dearly has non-small cell stage IIIB lung cancer,(she quit smoking 12 years ago) she has decided she does not want chemo or radiation but wants to go to a clinic she has heard about in Houston Texas with a Dr. Silversky? Don't know if that is the right name but it is very expensive and her insurance does not cover it, was hoping some of you out there knew something about this clinic for people with cancer. I like everyone want to keep her alive and healthy in my life but I hate to see her waste precious time on false hopes, any help would be appreciated.

God Bless,

Kathy

Website is www.cancermed.com. When Dr. Burzynski was attacked by the medical establishment and shut down (If I recall) many former patients testified in his behalf. As a result, he was allowed to continue his practice. This was several years ago. I don't remember all the details. Go to google and do a search.

However, www.quackwatch.com has a negative report about Dr. Burzynski. But then quackwatch is negative about any doctor who doesn't prescribe to conventional therapy (surgery, chemo, radiation and drugs). They have even viciously attacked Dr. Lorraine Day who cured herself of breast cancer in 1993. But then many of the therapies they attack are legitimate attacks. Sadly, there are those who will take advantage of people with health problems.

You should also visit www.cancure.org. Click on Clinics. There are many throughout the USA including Dr. Burzynski. I'm not endorsing clinics but wanted to make you aware of this site.

If you have difficulty with the above LINK go to www.google.com and type in Dr. Burzynski. Then click on the article: FDA AND COURTS BLOCK DR. BURZYNSKI'S PATIENTS TREATMENT.

So sorry about all this confusion. The article is worth reading in addition to other articles about Dr. Burzynski. I don't believe that he's a fraud but do your research and draw your own conclusions. Of course he can't guarantee remission but neither can doctors who practice conventional therapies.

Hi Kathy,

Oh my dear, how did your mth-in-law hear about that clinic. Did she hear from a person who showed promise of remission or did she just read about it? It is her life so who are we to say she can't go, - - not I...

I know it must be hard on the family when she denies the normal treatments but hey, at least she wants to try something.... hang in dear, for it sounds like it is going to be a bumpy ride....

Kathy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your stepmom's diagnosis. My mom was diagnosed with Stage IV. non small lung cancer in April 2003. I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with the dr. you are talking about or his methods.

Can I ask why your stepmom has chosen not to pursue any conventional treatments? I truly believe it's her choice, but I would encourage her to really look at all the options. My mom only chose to try chemo because she was told that, contrary to popular belief, the side effects of the chemo were much less painful than suffering from the cancer itself. She had no illusions (and neither did we) that it would "cure" her. However, she has done so well with the chemo and hasn't had a single day of sickness - and it is actually working. Anyway, I wish you both the best and I am so sorry for this terrible news.