Question about probiotics & musroom complex

teriw

Hi everyone,

I've got the okay from Bill's onc to use some supplements. I've read that a lot of people use probiotics. I'm not sure exactly what they are -- is there a specific brand name to look for? Or a specific type anyone particularly recommends?

Also, I've read about people using a mushroom complex to aid in the production of white blood cells. Same question -- is it a particular complex I should look for?

I'm planning to take a trip to a health food store tomorrow where the people actually know what they're talking about. I'm sure I can get some info there, but thought I'd check with all of you experts here first! :lol:

Teri,

The mushroom extract that I use is AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound). The Brand name is Kinoko Gold. It is used in many hospitals in Japan. This is the same brand that Sloan Kettering used in their evaluation for their Herb web site. The name has change from AHCC to Kinoko Gold. I called the manufacture to confirm this. You can also check out many supplements and herbs on this site.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69113.cfm

I hope this helps. I pay $49.50 with free shipping for mine, that is 60 500mg caps. If you find them cheaper let me know if you want to know where I get mine send me a PM.

Stay positive, :lol:

Ernie