An idea...

Nick C

Had a great idea.

I got a recruiter phone call years ago for a job at phillip morris, turned them down for moral reasons (before mom was sick, but still understood I wouldn't want to profit from it).

Anywho, I was thinking if I got the call today, what would I do?

I think I'd take the interview, and instead of a resume I would push across the desk a picture of my beautiful Mom, and explain what happened and ask the person to walk out with me...make them incure more costs trying to fill two positions, do the right thing. Don't work there.

At that point I'm sure security would come, at 6'1 215 I can take a little roughing up, but on the way out pass out photos with an appeal to anyone I saw. The appeal would read: this was my mom...don't help this company make more sons say goodbye to their mom's too soon.

Walk out and don't look back.

Just a little fantasy of mine. I'm hoping a recruiter calls.

I totally understand why you feel the way you do. But we are trying to fight past the fact that lung cancer isn't just a smokers disease and lung cancer isn't just caused from smoking.

I've had many doctors say that smoking is ONE of the many factors that add to the cause lung cancer and that it isn't just ONE carcinogin that causes lung cancer.

I honestly do wish that smoking was or is the only cause of lung cancer, because that way we would know 100% what the real cause of lung cancer was/is. But, that I know of that's not the cause as of yet.

But I can understand your anger towards the tobacco companies. They have been around for many moons and like it or not, it's still legal to smoke. :roll: I'm sure people that have lost a loved one to alcohol related issues may feel the same way you do.

They have commercials on TV all the time that say, Alcohol Kills. :shock::? I like your way of handling your recruiter if he/she would call you. Nick, have at em! :wink: Show them where the bear does his stuff in the woods. :wink:

There are a lot of unsafe things in this world including the air we breathe. Sadly enough the list goes on and on and on kind of like the energy bunny.

Good luck to you.

Hey Nick. I am with you on this one. I have had such fantasies myself! I know we are trying to promote that lung cancer is not only a smoker's disease, but as I have said in the past, to deny that smoking has HUGE part in this is not right either. Maybe we can get interviews at the same time...oh wait, I am a teacher...not likely to happen. Oh well...we can dream!

Jen

Hey Nick, I'm hoping a recruiter calls you too!!!!

I agree that lung cancer is not just a smokers disease, I'm always quick to point out that smoking did not cause my cancer. However, I have to agree with you Jen, to deny that cigarettes are a large factor in many lung cancers is just not right.

If they could just figure what causes the rest of them I'd be glad to "go get 'em", assuming it's not just plain old lousy genetics.

Tracy