Not what we hoped for, but...

beckyg

I just got back from the oncologist. I had my first x-ray on Monday after 2 months of Iressa. The tumor has not grown and there are no new lesions. There is more scarring in that area (from that darn radiation!!) and I have a small amount of fluid in my lung, but I knew both of those things going in because of how I am breathing and coughing. I had hoped that maybe this time I would finally get to hear about my tumor shrinking, but I won't complain since it is at least not spreading.

I am concerned about more scarring in my lung--radiation ended over 4 months ago. How long is it going to continue ruining my lung?

Becky

Becky,

Sorry you didn't get to hear what you wanted (I empathize with you because we didn't either), but it is a great outlook to be positive about no new growths. I am so sorry about the shortness of breath and cough (my mom too is having much trouble with both). I pray you get some relief. Enjoy your little one and hugs to you.

Becky, I agree no growth is good news. Hope the breathing and coughing are getting better for you. Keep it up!!!

I may have already asked you this in a previous chemo induced haze but...... is there still a little roadside park in Nacadoches that has an old fighter jet parked in it. We lived in Vernon TX when I was a little boy and used to go to Paris TX to visit our relatives and we would always stop in Nacadoches and eat a sandwhich in that park and I would play on that plane. Fond memories of your home town.

David C