help. feels like high fever but don't thermometer says &quot

spicysashimi

Aaron,

Try to achieve the middle ground between doing want you want to do, and doing what you need to do to get well and get out of there. Your bone marrow is just worn out from the continued assault on it, but that same assault is hitting your cancer cells. Keep us posted. Let's get you out of there. mc

Why don't you drag the pole with you to the rec room (assuming your IV bag is on a movable pole)? They are going to make you do so many bags of whatever your antibiotic is fever or not- so you may as well get as much in you as fast as you can. The low white blood count is pretty common when you start chemo-- it's a good thing you got in before it turned into full blown pneumonia. Sorry Aaron--hospitals are no fun.

Aaron,

Hurry and get better, but you have to do what you have to do which I know is no picnic.

I guess I could understand you being a bit of a rebel there being 27 years old. :D Taking risky chances is the makeup for your age.

If your IV is not connected to a pole, ask them if they could give you one that could be. Therefore you could get around. Unless they want you on complete bed rest.

I hope you get out of Dodge and return home soon. But meanwhile, be a good boy and listen to what the doctors prescribe as they know what they are doing.

Hang in there, you will be home before you know it.

BE GOOD!!!

Maryanne :wink:

I hope you get out of there soon Aaron. Just ask about dragging the bag around with you. You could prowl the halls of the entire facility and go on a people watching tour. You could go sit at the information desk and wait for people to ask you questions. I suppose the nurse would want to be able to see you every half hour or so.

Don M

Aaron,

Oh Poop! I was hoping you wouldn't get stuck in the hospital. Why aren't they giving you Neulasta or something along those lines to beef up that white count??? I know there is a timetable with Neulasta, but surely they can give you Neupagen(sp?).

Geez, I hate it that you are immobile. If you do go running around, remember:

Keep your hands off your face...

(There's cooties in dem dere haspitols!)

Get well soon!! :D

Welthy