Bad News-Brain Mets

ursol

I'm at a loss for words and feel as though God wants me to check out immediately. My oncologist just phoned me with the results of my Brain MRI. He also could not believe it. There are two lesions/tumours in the Brain, one has some swelling. Tomorrow he will call me after speaking with the Neurosurgeons regarding whether Gamma Knife or regular surgery is necessary. I cannot believe this. I don't know what to tell my mother. I hate this, I don't understand why this is happening, why God is punishing me. My family is not prepared for this.

Lilly

oh Honey, honey..

I just don't know what to say. What a slug in the gut. I know you are lost right now and in shock. I would be too. When the shock wears off a bit, you will know exactly what to do and what to say. Remember there are treatments available. Many here survive after brain mets!!! There is HOPE!!! Get an ativan. (that's what I would do.)

And there will be a plan for you.

All my caring thoughts to you right now at this very minute. Hang in there, Lilly.

cindi o'h

Lilly

I'm so sorry to hear about your results.....Cindi is right though - brain mets are survivable. I was liasing with a radiation oncologist in the States when Mum was sick, and he was very encouraging about treatment for brain mets, and told me that he had several patients that had treatment for brain mets years ago and were doing just fine.....and the treatments are improving all the time.

You can do this, and we are here to help you.....

Love Karen

Lilly, I am sorry to hear your news. I am no one to speak because I have never had brain mets, but I think they can be easily contained these days. I would go for cyberknife.

I just wish it would all go away for you and for all of us. I am not afraid to die,I just don't want to have lung cancer and who would?

Don m

Lilly,

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I know it doesn't seem fair...its not fair but it is life. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people. I don't believe that God is a vendictive God. I believe He loves us with all of His heart. He will give us strength when we need it the most even though we may not know He is there He is. This disease doesn't just pick on bad folks. It has gotten us all because it is just that..a disease.

You'll figure out the best plan for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Nina

Oh Lilly, I'm sorry to hear this news. Prayers are being sent from my house to yours that the doctors will come up with a good plan and that you will be healed.

Although I am not familiar with the treatment of brain mets I am heartened by the many postings here that there are good treatments avabilable.

Hang in there.

Tracy

Sending Prayers and Big Warm Blankets for comfort and strength. This is treatable and survivable. think Positive thoughts. If I can help with something or anyhting let me know. You are gonna be fine. remember this is a rock in the middle of the road and we will have to move it over and continue on this journey!

Ursol,

I know how scary this is. I'm dealing with a very similar situation. But, I have to believe there is hope. There are lots of brain met survivors here and I do plan to be one of them.

I would definitely check out Don's sites on Cyberknife.

Like they say..... just breath.

Joan

Oh Lilly, what a downer, that is for sure. You have been such a warrior with each blow that has been thrown your way. Time for a reprieve, I would say. Let's be all pi$$ed at lung cancer for today.......then try as best we can to throw our shoulders back and battle on. WE.....meaning you and all of us here. We are with you. This is certainly NOT the choice we would have made, but it is what we've got.

If prayers and good wishes could heal us..........EVERYONE here would be cancer free based on what's coming from our house. I am so sorry you have another mountain to climb, but you're not climbing it alone.

Kasey

Lilly,

I'm so sorry you received bad news - no one deserves cancer, but we deal with what we have to.

Please know brain mets are not a death sentence. I had my first surgery for brain mets in Jul 2005. Never had a problem, no symptoms, no headache, (I had Radio Surgey - one of the targeted radiation treatments). Then a year later, in July og 06, I had new mets and had them removed. Same result as the July 2005.

Sadly, I am now due for a 3rd possible treatment. We are still discussing the options. But, less me stress. I still have no symptoms or pain. I plan to determine what treatment we'll pursue and then get on with it.

If you have a few mets, gamma knife, radio surgery , cyber knife are all possible options. And then they just do followup tests every 3 months or so.

Hang in there - and know there is the right treatment plan for you.

Mary

Lilly,

I am so sorry to hear of your MRI results. Do know for sure that brain mets are treatable and survivable. Check into the new technologies and discuss them with your medical team. Prayers for you for good results.

Carol

Lilly,

I am sorry you are dealing with this terrible news, but as others have

stated brain mets do not mean the end. My Husband is

doing very very well after his brain met was discovered more than a year ago.

you keep fighting and sounds as if your dr. is on top

of things. Prayers coming your way.

Dear Lilly:

I am so sorry to hear that you have the brain mets. It seems that we no sooner get over one thing before another one hits us, but we must trust in the Lord, because he does not forsake us.

You know, God does not turn his back on us; he loves us and you can turn to him to lift you up when you are weak, because he is strong.

Love and prayers sent to you now

Barb