Just found out and I'm a wreck...

sharyn

I got a phone call from the local hospital today, confirming my husbands "tests" for tomorrow.... Needless to say, I knew nothing about any tests....

My husband had a full exam about a week ago through his work (he is a fireman) and he told me he passed with flying colors. Well, apparently the doctor was concerned because his breathing doesn't sound "right" and he wants him to have a "lung cancer screen" thus the test tomorrow. My husband was not going to tell me and he is livid that the hospital called the house. Thursday will be the two year anniversary of Dads passing and I swear I can't face this demon again, I just can't do it. I am begging each of you to pray that this test comes out normal.... I am assuming we won't hear anything for a few days... I could kill my husband for trying to spare me when he must be a wreck himself!!! Sorry I am rambling... I just don't know what to do at this point.

Sharyn, What a dilemna. It's hard to be mad at him when he could - note that I said could - have a serious condition. My first reaction would have been anger, too. Then guilt for not appreciating his efforts to save me extra worry. Sending prayers that everything is ok for him.

Muriel

Sharon,

Gosh, I know how this must feel being that you've been through this. There's no point in telling you first things first, it won't take away the nervousness.

I'll just say I understand your feelings and know I'll be praying for your husband tonight.

Hang tough.

Oh Sharon.....your very handsome Michael!!!!!! Be sure that nothing but fervent prayers and heartfelt best wishing for good reports are coming from here. And bless his heart for trying to spare you worry. I want to say that all will be fine. So.....we gotta believe right now that all will be fine. And be sure to let us now ASAP whenever you know. Got it!?!?

Kasey

Yeah Sharon, the doc is just being cautious. I think firemen, unfortunately, get lc more often than the general population.

I have been exposed to more wildland fire smoke than the general population and I sometimes wonder if that was a factor in my getting lc. I quit smoking 19 years before I got lc.

Don M

I can't even begin to tell you all how much your prayers and good thoughts mean to me... I do believe God listens.... After much prying from me last night, I found out that Michaels spirometry test was not quite as good as it was last year, thus the testing.... now, Michael has gained 20 pounds since last year and unfortuntely most of it is in his belly... so I am wondering if the excess weight in the abdomen could be affecting his results.... Anyway, his scan is at 1:45 today and I seriously doubt we will know anything for a few days... but I promise to keep you all posted. Much Love to the best group of people I could ask for to be on our side, Sharon

Sharon best wishes and prayers for you and Michael. You did mention the weight gain in the belly area over the past year and that certainly can make a difference in a persons ability to breath properly. That is one of the first things they mentioned in my pulmonary rehab program .... it seems the diaphragm can not comfortably or fully expand with the extra weight on it. Hopefully a simple diet and a bit of exercise and sweat will put Michael back on the right track. Either way you still have my prayers!!!

Sharon,

I'm glad to read that you are in a better place emotionally today as you go for the test. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and feel confident that all will be good. Please let us all know as soon as you can.

Much love,