Getting to Know You - Dec. 13 - Christmas Style

Ann

Lights on inside tree and outside shrubs. Years ago used to do multi-colored. Then changed to all clear. Now inside tree has white with green sort of glowing from the inside..........really like that. And then outside.....some clear some green/clear mix. Lights on the railing and mantel inside.....all clear though. We are just a lit-up house! I love Christmas!

Kasey

I have to say that I have lights all over the place this year. Dick really put forth a lot of effort with our light display. I think I'll have to take some pictures and share them with all of you. Most of the lights are clear. For years, I had used blue icicle lights on the house but with the Florida sun, some of the lughts had beun to fade and looked like all different colors. So, this year I opted for clear lights.

Have never had lights on the outside of the house, although we talked about it. Had lights on the tree until early 1970's. A neighbor's tree caught fire from lights and ever since, Lucie didn't want lights on the tree. So we have been pretty much "lightless" in our Christmases. Lots of other decorations, though. This year, I am keeping it simple. Don

We have mostly clear lights outside with the larger colored bulbs on the garage. On the tree we have clear and colors-- but we also have the old fashioned bubble lights-- the kids love them. I loved them when I was a kid and now they are getting hard to find.

Clear icicle and rope lights on the front porch railings, two cone trees that change colors out front. We didn't put out the blow-up Santa this year - I hate trying to get it to inflate when we've had snow so he's staying warm in the basement this year.

Inside all colored lights, they remind me of being a kid so no clear lights indoors.

Geri

I have always had colors and bright cute things for my 3 kids. Last year I decided it was time to change.I only had 1 chld left at home and we both wanted a different theme. We bought a new tree that was prelit with clear lights and added 2 strands of blue to it and all the decorations are clear.silver and blue. It is beautful, almost elegant. I wanted to changed my clear outdoor icicle(sp) lights to blue ones, but just didnt have the desire to even put the outdoor lights up this year. Maybe I will catch them on sale after Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!