questions

alexan

2 weeks ago I finish w/my 2nd chemo cycle, cisplastin & V16 plus I was doing radiation that I finish my35 treatment last Tuesday, during the whole treatment I was feeling really good, only had 2 bad days because my blood count went down. I was soupousse to start with Taxotere this week but they cancel for a week because the efects of the radiation & my blood was a little low again even if I was feeling good. So I think I wil start next tuesday, but since yesterday I am feeling week & have the feeling of my stomag swollen, is that normal? Fortunally my primary results are pretty good, since that everything is much better & my bood exam show 0.9 of cancer. Even if is recurrence they thought they cought it early.

My other question is what do you do if you have a sick kid at home? My granchild is 3 and lives with me. My other kids dont't let him get close to me but that is not fare for him since he does not understand. Thanks to listen to me & happy, happy hollidays.

bucky

Hi! Radiation continues to work after the series is over, and can tire you out. On the child, whether the child understands or not, children carry many germs and you need to be isolated from that while you are having chemo and your resistance is low. If you get sick while your resistance is low, you could get pneumonia or systemic infection. Better to be safe. Don

Make sure you get some masks from Drug store to filter germs. With a lowered and compromised White Blood Cell count, Even a cold can be a trip to the hospital. Beware the germs of winter. the radiation like Don said will work for some time to came is longterm usually and not repeatable.

Glad to hear from you. Was wondering how you were doing?? Happy holidays, sending prayers and good thoughts.

Thank you Randy, I know I should write more. I had my two grandchildren here & my 4 kids & betwen chemo & radio by the en of the day I was pretty tired.

How are you doing? We will spend Christmas here & if God want we will go to Beech mountain for New Year.Where are you a pastry cheff.

Thnk you again & Marry Christmas!

bucky