neulasta and WBC

wiesia

http://www.neulasta.com/patient/about/a ... tecell.jsp

This link should give you the answers you are looking for. Too much info there for Copy and paste. Click on link to be redirected to Neulasta site for White Cell count info. Should help out!!!

Prayers!!!

Wiesia,

Geez, seems really low to me. On prior chemo regimens the Doctor would order Tony Neulasta when his counts dropped below 4 (I think). It needs to be given the day after chemo, so that could be part of the reason for your Dad's situation. In Tony's case, due to Medicare regulations, the Neulasta was given at the hospital 24 hours after his last day of treatment each cycle if necessary. While Tony was on the "doublet" chemo regimens we went twice weekly to the office for bloodwork.

Tony has started getting Neupogen shots this week for his new chemo. They are lighter versions of Neulasta and can be administered multiple times between treatments to help tweak the WBC. His WBC was only down to 6 and they started him, so I would be concerned too if this wasn't being addressed.

Call the oncologist and find out what his protocol is for WBC. And keep your Dad out of public areas, clean hands, etc. etc.

Let us know and good luck!

Welthy