Quit Update from Lilly

ursol

Had Gammaknife procedure done last thursday, it was painless yet on Friday I was vomiting and therefore I went back to the hospital for a head CT scan to insure there was no bleeding. I was fine and sent home. I believe my vomiting is part of my anxiety. I'm taking lots of Ativan this week.

Anyhow, my oncologist called tonight. They have cancelled my Adrenal Gland surgery as they believe due to the spread to the brain that my cancer cells in my body must be stopped/controlled first. Chemo Starts Tuesday after Christmas. Since my oncologist called me at 9:00 PM from his car driving home while I was trying to get the kids to bed, I didn't understand everything but it sounds like Gemzar will be one drug but not sure what the rest of the mix is. He said it would be three weeks weekly and then three weeks off, then again three weeks weekly and three weeks off with scans immediately after two rounds to insure there is progress. Not sure what all this means except that I better get ready for battle because it sounds tough especially since I must attempt to work through much of it to maintain my salary. Yuckkkkk. New Years Eve should be a blast at my house, although I know many of you are in the same place this year, so here is to insuring next year we can party better!

Lots of Hugs to all of you

Lilly

Lilly,

So glad that you are in the progress of treatment and that things are being done. Hoping that next year all will be looking much better for you and that you will be feeling well.

p.s. Ativan is supposed to have some kind of anti-nausea effect too. Hope you talked to the doc about the throwing up business. I don't know if it means anything or not, but if it's something "different" for you, hope you mentioned it...

Cindi o'h

Hi Lilly, This must be very hard news.

I see from your bio that you have "earned your strips". You are young and strong but most importantly,

You are a fighter.

It sounds like your docs are being very aggressive too. You are definitely keep'n them hooping. :)

Prayers for easy and effective chemo Lilly,

Barb

Lilly, I am praying that the new year will bring you good health and happiness.

I am so sorry that you are going through this, specially at this time of year. You are so strong, I just know you will fight this thing with everything you've got.

My family and I will keep you in our prayers. Believe in miracles.

Tracy