Getting to Know You - December 20 - Christmas Style

Ann

We came from a very large family (9)kids. We always opened presents on Christmas Eve because our Midnight Mass dresses and what-nots were always one of our gifts. Also, we had so many kids,and so many gifts, in a rather small living room, that we had to get the presents out of the way for Santa to leave gifts. Oh, how I miss those days. Christmas is kinda sad this year. It is really different. But what happy memories!!

Growing up, we always opened all of our gifts on Christmas morning. When my boys were little, I would always let them open one gift on Christmas Eve, as an attempt to keep them somewhat occupied until Christmas morning. Now, that they're all grown up, we open everything on Christmas morning. It seems so strange to actually sleep until 8:00 on Christmas morning now, as the kids used to be up and ready to rock and roll at the crack of dawn. I used to have a heck of a time getting Dennis awake that early, as he had usually been up most of the night before trying to assemble something for them...lol!