bam451 Posted December 22, 2006 Share Posted December 22, 2006 Originally my mom was scheduled for six rounds of chemo. Because she did so well, the doctor prescribed two more rounds. When it was time for her seventh round, her platelet level was a 71 and she was not able to have chemo. She had to wait an additional week and a half. Now she is ready for her last round and her platelet level is even lower, 52. I know it's not dangerous.. they worry at ten and under, but I am very concerned about the wait time between treatments. After the first four rounds, my mom's mass had shrunk by 77%. Now my moms mass was very large, 5 by 5.5 cm. The last two rounds of chemo only showed minimal improvements, however the doc thought she should do two more rounds. Is it a big risk to wait weeks in between because her body isn't ready for chemo or should she move on to radiation.. the next step. I'm just so worried that they will come back and say that it has grown because she has had so many weeks off. I feel bad because I keep telling my mom to talk to her doc about it.. I havent told her my concern of it growing, but that I want to be as agressive as we can.. But I think I upset her a little tonight. She says she has to have faith in her doc.. and I do.. I just worry that waiting for one more round of chemo which only showed minimal improvements isnt worth waiting. It took my mom a week and a half to go from 71 to 102. It will take much longer to go from 52 to 100+. Do any of you have any experiences or thoughts on this? I would greatly appreciate it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.