Dad's Ashes

Chris Norfolk

Hi

I recieved a call from my Mum yesterday (Thurs 21st Dec) to say that Dad's ashes are going to be inturned (I'm not sure if that is the right phrase) on Saturday the 23rd @ 11am (GMT+10.30hrs).

I have kinda put most of it all out of my mind over the last 2 months or so and this came as quite a surprise.

It's only in the last couple of days that I have visited this site, I guess if I don't, it isn't real.

I have recieved letters from Dad's solicitors in regards to some money he left, found some photos, collected the condolence cards and put them all into a box and keep it on top of the wardrobe. I don't look in it - I just add to it.

I still really haven't spoken to my wife about how I am feeling, I dont really know the answer to that myself to be honest.

I have asked mum to put 3 roses on dad's plot - one from me, one from my wife Lucy and one from my daughter Rosie.

How will Christmas day be - I don't know. I feel alot of emotion very close to the surface at the moment - I guess time will tell.

I have set a reminder on my alarm to wake me up at the equivilant time in the UK, so that even though I wont be there in body, my thoughts will be.

Thanks for listening (again)

Chris

Hey Chris,

None of us know how Christmas will be this year. I too have one of mom's mini suitcases, and that is where I add cards and other notes I receive. I have not reviewed the contents since I did all the thank yous.

I think you not knowing how you feel is OK too. It takes time to process all the emotions, and they just keep coming.