One year ago today

janetg

One year ago today Ron's departure seemed sudden even though he had fought a valiant fight for 21 months. Christmas was his very favorite time of year - his excitement could challenge that of any child receiving his or her most favorite toy. We have all found it so ironic that the final farewell would take place in a towering, cheerfully decorated, church on Christmas Eve with "Silent Night" being sung so hauntingly and beautifully as we honored his memory. He loved life, he loved laughter, he loved his family, he loved music.

As I prepare to visit his place of rest this morning, I think of the epitaph that adorns his grave marker - "The Song Has Ended, But The Melody Lives On." You brought us such beautiful music and memories that we hold dear in our hearts. Thank you, my love, for allowing me to walk with you until the "Journey's End."

Janet

((((((((((((Janet)))))))))))))

Please fell me gently squeezing your hand, as you make it through this difficult day. I must tell you that I think the epitaph at your beloveds resting pladce is probably the most beautiful one that I have ever read. Those words are a true testimony to the love the two of you shared. I'll be thinking of you throughout the day and saying a prayer that God will touch you on your shoulder and walk beside you today.