"Let's Rock" to next Christmas

ursol

Well the kids and I made it through Christmas, they had fun but it wasn't the Christmas we tried for because my husband decided to go ATV riding with his friends on Christmas Eve morning and had an accident, the ATV fell on top of him and he dislocated his shoulder, tore tendons, etc. Suffice it to say after the Emergency Room, he stayed home for Christmas and the kids and I were on our own to go to the dinners and MASS and to exchange gifts.

My 13 year old and I decided on the way home last night that I absolutely have to be here again next Christmas and we made a pact that I have to be totally strong to fight this beast into submission so we can do the Christmas thing all over again.

Here is hoping everyone got everything they wanted for the holidays!!!

Lilly

Lilly,

I am sorry this Christmas was not all as it should have been. Sounds like you had some quality time with the kids anyway. Will be keeping you in my prayers as you start chemo tomorrow.

The new picture of your kids is just BEAUTIFUL. You are blessed. Take care and kick some cancer butt.

Hi all,

I updated my profile, chemo actually starts this thursday. Because of the Cisplatin, I need a hearing test and they could not get one scheduled before the holiday so my hearing test is tomorrow morning and Chemo on thursday.

My husband now needs surgery to fix his shoulder from the ATV accident so he will be laid up for 6 weeks(he is in alot of pain and I have not been very sympathetic). I have to say he is really lucky his injury is not worse. What a pair the two of us make? Tonight both his mom and my mom came over (his mom to take care of cooking and my 1 year old while my mom took down the x-mas tree that was completely dried out).

Lilly

Hi Lilly,

I'm glad you've got the moms around to help you out if need be. Somehow it is very possible for me to picture my husband in your husband's situation. Don't let his craziness affect your taking care of yourself while going through treatment. Hope treatment is kind to you and I look forward to sharing a virtual toast with you next Christmas.

Trish

By the way, your children are beautiful. Enjoy them.

Good for you, Lilly! I can't wait to hear your Christmas story next year!

We've already made our Christmas 2007 plans -- and there's no "if" or "hopefully" about them! :lol:

So sorry to hear about your husband's accident. Yikes. Hope he feels better soon.

All the best to you in 2007!

Hi Lilly,

Sorry you had a less than ideal Christmas, but glad you and the children had a nice one under the circumstances. It's good that the two Moms helped out; that's important at times like this.

I am more than sure that your husband has his regrets, so try to take it easy on him now that he has been sufficiently reprimanded, sort of?

I pray that you treatments will knock the savage beast back to its cage.

Like the other post said, this battle can only take place one day at a time, with one battle won at a time.

Love and prayers, Lilly

Barb