Docetaxol-Talabistat

Cheryl Ferguson

Thanks Ernie, I was put on the Cisplatin-VP-16 combination upon diagnosis in 2003... since then, I have steered away from standard treatments because of poor success rates. I have been involved in 5 clinical trials since 2004 and am hoping to find something to stabilize. My brain mets have stayed stable since WBR in Jan. of '05. Docetaxol is in the Taxotere family and Talabistat is of course, the clinical trial drug. Hopefully, Tarceva can be an option later on down the road if or when. Taxotere was the chemo my last Onc wanted to put me on 3 years ago. That is when I declined it and decided on the trials. Congrats on your progress!

Cheryl

Hey there Cheryl~

I just finished a clinical trial with Taxotere and Talabistat which did nothing to decrease the size of my tumors. In fact, there was progression while I was on this clinical trial. This chemo combo was really rough on me too - it made me terribly tired and unable to do my regular activities.

I hope you have an easier time with this than I did.

With a gentle hug,

Pam in FL

I will say it again. THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING TO BE A PIONEER IN TRIALS LIKE THIS. if not for participantds in trials, progress would be very hard to make in this fight against Lung Cancer. Thank You for your bravery to do this. It does take courage to participate in these trials.

Thank you so much for your positive thoughts. Being a member of this message board for over 3 and a half years, and with all of the good people I've met here, it's good to know some people still care. That means a lot to me. I would offer more support myself but have just not felt good enough to spend much time at the computer. I tire so easily.

Thanks again so much,

Cheryl