Mom's surgery went well!

FloridaKaren

:D Just wanted to say that my mother's surgery went well today! She had her entire right lung removed. The Dr. said he had to do some scraping along her ribs, behind her heart and also on part of her esophagus. They removed some lymph nodes and the biopsy on them came back clean! SOOOOOOO... he thinks they got it all (although you know there is always a chance something microscopic could be lurking elsewhere, yadda yadda).

Phew! Now she's in the Cardiac ICU and they are monitoring her to make sure her left lung doesn't fill with fluid. We had a short visit with her but she's pretty much out of it. She did have an epidural so hopefully that will make her stay at the hospital less painful.

Thank you guys for your support, good wishes and encouragement and thanks for sharing your surgery stories so that my family could have some peace of mind prior to her surgery.

God bless! xo Karen :) xo

Hi, Karen: Great that your Mom's surgery went well; she will slowly recover during her hospital stay and they will make her walk I believe and maybe send her home on oxygen for a while. Maybe have a couple pillows to raise her head so she can breathe easier, and as time goes on, pray she will feel a whole lot better. Glad the monster has been removed!

Prayers for a quick and smooth recovery for your Mom

Barb

Great news Karen...prayers for a speedy recovery....I was in the hospital for 5 day's after a lobectomey...and by the next 5 day's..I was serving coffee to my friends in my dining room and doing great...I pray that she will do the same...God speed...hugs..PamS.

Great news Karen...prayers for a speedy recovery....I was in the hospital for 5 day's after a lobectomey...and by the next 5 day's..I was serving coffee to my friends in my dining room and doing great...I pray that she will do the same...God speed...hugs..PamS.