Hello - I'm new to this forum

Tanner

Tanner,

It breaks my heart to hear of another young person with this nasty disease. I am sorry you had the need to look for us but so glad that you found us. I will keep you, your wife and children in my prayers. This is a wonderful place for information and support. Keep us posted.

Nina

Hi Tanner, and welcome to the site. I am so sorry finding us was needed.

My heart goes out to you and all the families with young children having to cope with this awful disease.

I was diagnosed in Apr 2005 with NCSCL IV,(lge upper left lung tumor, mets to brain,spine, clavicle and pelvis). I have had the clavicle and two spine mets radiated and am pain free. I also have had brain mets treated twice with radio surgery (similar to cyberknife). What I can tell you is that I have felt well 95% of the time since being diagnosed. Other than requiring more sleep then usual, I have been well. You can see below what treatment I have recd. I'm now on Tarceva but haven't been on longer enough to see if it's effective, but again, I have very minor side effects and feel healthy.

I hope that your wife will be able to handle the chemo without too much difficulty. I do encourage her to make sure she gets any additional meds needed to deal with effects (like nausea,etc).

Best wishes.

Mary

Hi Tanner,

You found the best place for support and useful information. It's a horrible shock to the system when that diagnosis comes. I'm so sorry for you family having to go through this. I wish you all the best. Every time I look on this message board, I find an inspiring story. I'm sure you will too!