Acceptance

brsarah

My mom is presently in Hospice. She was discharged from the hospital last week and now in Hospice. She is in one room with three other people who are dying. There is no hiding dying at Hospice, it is in our face, right there. This is such a horrible disease. I would of never guessed that my mom and my family would be in this place this time this year. She is 58years old. She left her apartment and cats behind on September 12, 2006 to drive herself to the emergency room where they did a chest x-ray and saw the mass in her lungs. Her apartment is gone, I have her cats and she has never regained her life back. How quick life can change, how fragile and fleeting it truly is! I tell my mom that I am in awe at her courage, at her strength, at her faith. I'm gonna see my mom through to the end and I love her with all my heart. I hope for peace right now, for love and absence of fear for my mom. With the noise of the hospital behind us, its beeping machines and change of shifts we are now able to sit in this silence and love eachother and accept what is happening. Strength to all who are on this path. Love Sarah

Oh Sarah...I am so sorry. I don't remember what area you are in but check and see if there is another residential hospice around where she has some privacy. The one near us has private rooms with a built in window seat/bed for a family member and a family room with kitchen, beautiful view from each room etc. and no it is not any more money than the hospital's hospice wing. This is so sad for you both, I'm sorry.

I wish you all the peace in the world right now. I can only imagine how hard the situation is right now. Sending prayers for peace and strength during this difficult time.

Your post got to me, just how fast a persons life can change. Darn, life is so precious. We never know how much time we have.

You are a wonderful daughter. I hope you make some fond memories to go along with the ones you already have of her.

I am praying for peace to come to her.

I am so sorry. It hurts so much to lose you mom. It is a tremendous void.

We are here for you. Please keep us posted.

Maryanne