Getting to Know You - January 02, 2007

Ann

Do you have any words, that for no good reason whatsoever, are just "negative" to you? I know we all hate the word cancer but let's think of some others.

Here are a few of mine....

Wad. Wad just sounds like a bad word. Crotch. That's another one. Sure, it refers to a taboo area of the anatomy, but strangely that is not why I don't like it...it just SOUNDS ugly.

Moist is another word. Moist makes me think of something that is slimey and grubby and icky. Seeing that word in a food description can make me gag.

I don't like belly, tummy, or gut. No real reason, because stomach and abdomen are fine.

Now...share a few words you don't like.....

Number one on my list is retard. I hate it when my kids use that word. I work with individuals that are developmentally disabled and I have to explain to my kids how offensive that word is to others and could hurt their feelings. I am with Missy on her words also --

I would have to say "stupid or dumb" are two that I really don't like. I also don't like the word hate used toward another person. Like,"I hate her." But, the most nasty, gross word I think I have ever heard is "word not allowed". :shock: There is no need for such a word in the english language!

Let's see word's i do not like, gee that is kinda hard for me as action's bother me more than word's but here goes at least one i do not like....D..K Head then there is the one swear word i hate above all..Mother F..ker. There i found two that i can not stand......

I hate any word that describes anything coming or running out of one's nose. I also hate most words that the lower parts of a woman's anatomy but will use the proper ones when needed. I don't like potty humor much either. There are probably more but that's all I can think of right now.

I don't like the Ump words... like, stump, hump, lump, mumps, dump, frump, rump.

Joel, never uses the word pee. When he was in a catholic hospital at age 12 from 2 broken legs he sustained from playing football he had both legs in a cast. A priest came in and Joel said he had to "pee" well the priest went ballistic on him for using that expression. So it was imbetted in his mind to never use that word but to use urinate.

Well, as you know the word pee is very common. And everytime Joel would hear someone say it, it made him cringe. Now he is used to hearing it, but still will not use the word.

Also, just a tibet...Joel is Jewish and not catholic. LOL

Maryanne :wink:

Because of all the statements about not liking the words for the lower anatomy of women...

My best friend's mother used to use "middle possible".

We've never been able to explain it and her mother died many years ago so we can't even ASK now...

And Maryanne...that's just funny!!!

I cannot stand to hear the word juicy, and have never said it. My mother used to use it all the time, to describe any and all things- so as long as Freud is being called in, you might as well send him my way..

Anyway, my hatred of that word has always been a joke with my daughter and my exes.. they could never figure out why I react to it the way I do (nor can I ), but have known better than to use it more than once...