Caregiver of husband diagnosed with nsclc

Hello - I just found this website. I hope it will bring me some peace to have others to talk with and share experiences as caregivers to someone we love with cancer. My husband was diagnosed with nsclc. Stage IIIB Squamous cell lung cancer on September 1, 2006. He is 52 years old. He has done 4 cycles of taxotere and carboplatin. We were told he will have a minimum of 6 cycles. He just finished 38 treatments of radiation and is on a 2 week rest period before starting back on full strength chemo again. They reduced the dosages on his chemo drugs while taking radiation but was getting chemo along with the radiation. He just had another CT scan done and will get the results next week. He has an excellent outlook for himself which I am so thankful for. I see him suffering through the chemo treatments though and it is so hard sometimes but I try to keep his spirits up as much as possible. We have talked and cried together and love each other very much. We have been married 32 years in April. I have met a lot of people during his treatments and we all share the same thing. Sadness that this disease has taken hold of someone we love. Thanks for listening.

Maxine Click on the profile button at the topof the page sometime adn put in your Hubbys Med Info. The more info the better. This will allow everyone to see Hubbys progress and treatment without having to retype every time. I know how hard this is. It sounds like you are trooping along ok as ok can be right now. Hang in there, Let us know with whatever info we can help you with whenever you thinlk of it. 24/7 you can post and you will get answwers soon after. Welcome to our Family and wish you did not have to be here but glad you are under the circumstances.