When do you feel rough ?

dtay

My Dad has NSCLC squamous cell - inoperable, and has started chemo today - gem/carbo regime, can anyone tell me when you start to feel ill after the start of the treatment -- my Dad is keen to know what to expect but I have no answers. He always says forewarned is forearmed !!

Thanks

Dawn

I agree, forewarned is forearmed! It is hard to know what to expect exactly, as everyone is different. My husband was fine day 1, tired day 2 and super exhausted day 3, 4, 5 and 6. I do not know how many days in a row your dad has treatment, my husband had 3 days on and two weeks off and then it repeated. My husband didn't have any effects the first 3 treatments but the last 3 were horrible for him. I hope your dad gets through it with very little or no side effects.

All the best to you and yours!

Flowergirlie

This helps so much - thank you all.

His treatment pattern is - gem/carbo day 1, then day 8 just Gemcitabine and then two weeks rest before the cycle starts again.

I have just spoken to him today and he says he feels fine - he was given steroids and anti-nausea pills so they are probably going to help.

He is so emotional at the minute and when we went to the hospital yesterday for the first session he was extremely tearful and looked very frightened (fear of the unknown I think). This breaks my heart as my Dad was always a big strong man and me and my sister try to be so strong for him now but it is so hard sometimes.

This site has given me so much help and comfort and although I dont post very often (my knowledge of this terrible disease is very limited compared to you all !), I read all new posting everyday.

Every person on this site has an incredible story to tell - you are all amazing people and God bless you all. :)

Many thanks

Dawn