cant sleep

Well its 5am and i cant sleep again. I guess i feel like if im not asleep then the nightmare cant continue. I feel like i should be doing something... anything...but then i just cant seem to figure out what it is that i should be doing. I am so thankful for this site because without it i would just be staring a blank screen and at least here i can read and find out how othes have handled things.

I napped also, Crystal...really had problems falling and staying asleep. Did resort to a tylenol pm and it helped sometimes. The doc did prescribe Zanax for me after the fire (we had a fire in the midst of my mom's dx and treatment) and that really helped me relax and get some much needed rest.

Take care of yourself and we are here for you.

Libby

Crystal,

I am having the same problem. I end up staying awake so long at night i fall asleep in my chair just so i know i'm good and tired, but i'm awake again after just a few hours. I think about my mom constantly, what else can we do for her, ideas, things to ask her doctor, things she would like, food she could eat, etc, etc. Tylenol PM does help some, but it leaves me groggy the next day. Someone suggested I ask my dr about ambien cr. I'm have an appt so i'll let you know if it helps.

-Danielle

I did a ton of research on the internet about this dx when I couldn't sleep, including coming here OFTEN to see what others were doing.....anything to get a plan of action going in my mind for the days ahead. BUT.....I was sleeping at least 6 hours a night to regenerate.....I'd just be exhausted by 10 pm (or whenever I got home from things and had a chance to eat something for the day first) and would get up deliberately by 4am to have a few hours before the phone was gonna' start ringing or I just needed to be somewhere to do research and understand options....any options to help.

Knowledge IS power with this and I found it helped more than anything else to rest well.

Take good care,

Linda

Well I must say I'm relieved to know it is not just me! It seems like I'm sleeping less and less.. but the scary thing is the time I actually feel I could go into a deep comfortable sleep is when I'm driving, and I have a 45 min comute one way to work, through the mountains and curves!There have been so many times I'm so thankful to pull in the parking lot of the restaurant, I know I'll start to function again. I went and bought some books on tape and that has helped but there are times its scary!

I think we are so afraid we may not hear them if they need us, my uncle came to visit my Dad today and I was so glad. Dad wears himself out though, I tried to explain to him everyone understands and it is not rude for him to rest when he needs to. This was the first visit by anyone other than us kids so now I know what to give everyone a heads up on and they will make sure he rests when they visit.

I know what line of work you are in I believe The restaurant right? Is ther a slow time for a 15 to 30 minute Power nap in the office perhaps? I used to do this after lunch before dinner at other job and it helped me some what with those issues. Prayers and be careful driving when tired please do not have an accident, or anyhting.

just an update from me. Asked my doctor about ambien, he would not give it. Said I was in greater need of therapy and to "sort it all out" would help me sleep. I think this is a crock personally, all i want to do is sleep through the night.... not even every night.... I'd be okay with one or two nites...

Then saying that I think to myself, I'd never sleep again if it could make my mom better :cry:

Lack of sleep really affects one's ability to think rationally. I think i'm just losing it today. I slept like 2 hours last nite and am a little cranky...

I saw this thread and thought i'd post my update (or lack thereof)

I wish all of you a good nites sleep tonite and will keep you all in my prayers

-Danielle

i do so hoepy ou can get some peaceful rest soon. I have many but restless nites and understand. I wish I had the magic answer for you. Prayers and Thoughts