My Dad - Diagnosed with Small Cell Lung Cancer - 12/7

karenlaureti

Hi All,

I found this site and wow, so many strong people! My Dad was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer in the beginning of December. He was slurring and incoherent at times and we found out his sodium level was REALLY low from the tumor in his left lung. The tumor is inoperable, He started with Chemo mid December. Stopped through Christmas, now just started yesterday with radiation twice a day, and chemo once a day. Oh my goodness, how worried I am and it is so hard that he is in South Carolina and I am here in Philadelphia. If anyone has had this type of lung cancer and went through this treatment it would be great to hear from you. You never think something like this is going to happen to someone in your family. My Dad has smoked for years, quit right when he found out. I have not smoked in 8 days. Although it is hard at times, my goodness, when I think of what he is going through, and how strong he is. He has not been sick yet. Also taking steroids which I know keep him up at times. Anyway, God bless all of you and I pray for everyone.

Hello Karen and welcome

I am sorry to hear about your dad but glad you found this site and have joined us.

Please read through some of the sclc forum posts as well as the good news postings. There is so much hope and support here.

Let us know how we can help you, ask any and all questions and voice your concerns and know that there will be someone here to address them.

Keep us posted on things and know that we care,

Christine

Karen,

Welcome to the boards, although I am so, so sorry that you needed to find us. Let us know more about your dad's treatments. Is there someone with him?

My dad is in remission from Small Cell, and we are so, so blessed. Cancer is a rollercoaster ride with its ups and downs, but this site is fantastic for helping us get through those day by day.

Please know we are here for you and be sure to ask lots and lots of questions. Don from Texas posted in the SCLC "Here's what I did to fight lung cancer" and I actually was able to talk to him on the phone. He was AMAZING in the support for my family and me.

Let me know if there is anything I can do!

God bless,

Jen