Getting to Know You - January 11

Ann

Sorry for posting this GTKY question so late in the day. As you can obviously see, I am definitely not at my best first thing in the morning....LOL! I should have a job where I only work late afternoons and nights!

Ann,

Interesting question. I had always been a morning person. However, while Charlie was sick, I turned into a night owl...doing research and reading here at LCSC. Since his passing, I have gone back to being more of a morning person, but not entirely. I'm a little bit spoiled right now since I'm not working a regular work schedule.

I am a very early bird. Usually up and doing stuff (not housework or wash) like knitting or computer at 5:00 a.m. at the latest. But if doing social stuff I can stay up late.

But when home alone I can go to bed too early to even tell you. Even when Earl was alive I would fall asleep on the couch and he would wake me after the 11:00 news.

I truly believe it has something to do with daylight. I am soooooooooo glad the days are getting longer.

I do my best in early morning. I'm often up at 3-4 am for some meditation before I get my day going: it's wonderfully quiet and peaceful at that time of morning. I'm doing research or computer stuff by 5 or 6am for a bit, then usually starting the day's projects by 8-8:30am. I've found that if I wait to start something in the afternoon, it just doesn't get done, so I'm big on carpe diem (seize the day) from the git-go.

Linda