Still grieving an old wound.

Patkid

Hey, Pat, if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have been able to adopt your phrase, "I miss him like fire" to describe my feelings to friends and family. They don't know that I "stole" it from you, but I bet you I'm not the only one that stole it. :) :)

I did save Don's timeline and I never thought about the fact that it could be helpful to others, so I'm going to find it in my saved files and plop it right back in my profile.

Also, I wanted to tell you about a book I got for Christmas that has helped me a lot, but I'll post the name of it in the Spirituality section so that more people can see it and hopefully benefit from it.

You hang in there, my friend. You know, I still have your phone number and Tina's and Ginny's and Beth's, Carleen's, Lynne's (I think I have Lynne's), etc. Since I feel like I'm starting to get a grip on life again, hopefully, I can start making some calls and we can all lock arms, heads, hands and hugs and keep on movin' on.

Love and hugs, Pat!!!!!!!!!!

Peggy

Hi Pat,

I hope you are feeling better as that person has recanted what he wrote. We all at times may say things at the spur of the moment. But then when thinking clearly and listening to other people's opinions the first opinion took a back seat. Which is what happened in Bill's case.

You are such a strong presence on this site. I have known you here for such a long time. I am so grateful that you are still with us and I appreciate all the support you give of yourself.

Your Brian's lives on through you and he so proud of such a wonderful wife you were to him.

Of course you should keep his timeline, that is your lifeline.... to remember.

I always read people's profiles, it makes me know them on a more personal level.

Pat, I hope his Chicago Bears make it to the SuperBowl. You know he will be watching and routing them on!

take care my friend,

Maryanne :wink:

Pat,

My husband encouraged me to reply to you in support, even though I am not grieving the loss of a spouse. I can relate to a lot of what you said. As a matter of fact, I can relate to much of what you say in MANY of your posts. I've thought about this for a year now, but one of these days I'd really like to get together and have lunch with you, because we are not far from each other.

I never would have thought that an issue like this would have my chest heaving in deep, heavy sobs, but it has. I feel for you, dear heart, across the miles.

I've managed to keep my mouth shut on this so far but I'll just add my two cents for the hell of it.

There has been a recurrent theme on this site since I joined nearly 3 years ago (after my cancer and tx were finished), if you don't like what is written - don't read it!

There are some writers on the site that I don't like to read so I avoid them, just don't open it or scroll right past. Others I go out of my way to read every word, that's my choice to make. I think the same goes for the profiles, if I want to see what was done for someone I read their profile if not I scroll on down.

These profiles are who we all are, whether we're survivors or caregivers and no one should feel that they have to delete anything. LC is our common ground and as upsetting as it is some of us don't make it, we all know that at dx and on down days it upsets us all but that's the nature of this beast. That's why I still worry about tests 4 years after my tx finished.

The storm has passed over the original post about this but I don't want anyone - and that includes me - to think that we can't be here or are not wanted here because we are no longer in the battle. The very mixture of our stories is what makes this such a wonderful group.

Geri