Signs and Messages

julieaydlott

It has been almost two years since my mom passed away to stage 4 small cell lung cancer. It has been a very emotional and tough road, but I have been able to cope because during this time she has sent me some pretty amazing signs to let me know she is all right. Christmas was so much more difficult this year because last year I was completely numb from her death. This year is was a constant reminder that I couldn’t call her, couldn’t go visit, and my girls could see their grandma. Over the past year I decided to write a book about her and the signs that she sent to me. I decided to include other stories with this book from other people across the U.S. I have met some amazing people with incredible stories, and have had the privilege of getting a few of the stories from our friends from this support site. My time is running out, and I only have room for two more stories to include with this book. If any of you want to share any experiences that you have had with your loved one, I would be honored and love to hear it. If you aren’t the best writer but can write down your story, I can help fill in the blanks by asking you additional questions to give the stories more depth. The criteria that is helpful is:

1.) Tell a bit about who this person was

2.) Your relationship with this person, a special event or time in your life together

3.) How this person passed away, dates, places and times are helpful

4.) How it affected your life

5.) When you received your sign, what happened, how did you react to it?

6.) If you have received more than one sign, and if it helped you to move on with your life.

Everyone who has a story included in the book will have credit for writing their story, and they will receive a free copy of the book. Detailed information will be sent to you if your story is selected.

Thank you,

Julie Aydlott

My Mom just passed away less than a month ago. I have not recieved any "signs" and i am having some difficulties regarding if my Mom is still really around me. I'm glad to hear others feel their loved ones presence and i would like to hear about them.

Rochelle

Hi Rochelle,

Sometimes the pain is so raw that our own sorrow stops us from noticing the amazing. Your mom will let you know she's around. When it happens, you will feel such a huge contentment that is undescribable. It will happen!

Holly, I will read what you sent me and i'll be in touch. Thank you so much

Julie

Rochelle and others,

I thought the signs would be in my face, as mom always made an impression, and you knew when she was around.

But the signs have been subtle. But it took time. And I am convinced some stuff HASN't happened because I am not ready for all of it yet.

I would be interested in hearing anyone's stories of signs. My Mom has been gone nearly 4 months now. Not one sign - at least that I picked up on. We were so close I was sure I'd get a sign right away. I feel that I am open to it and just letting it happen, but my grief does feel worse because without signs I'm not sure she is around at all anymore. I thought there would be obvious signs because of how close we were. I told the grief counselor at Hospice that had I received a post card in the mail from her telling me that she arrived safely and it was just as they say it is - that I wouldn't be at all surprised. We were best friends. My life has pretty much sucked (sorry) from the time she passed.

Here is a sign my mother's neighbor received:

Sue and Mom were close. Sue introduced my mom to gardening. So they were talking after mom was diagnosed. And Sue said she was at her sons school and they planted morning glories. Mom asked "Blue?"

Sue said "No they only had purple"

Mom said "That's too bad."

A week after Mom passed, Sue walked her son to school and looked at the morning glories. In the middle of all the purple morning glories, one beautiful blue one...JUST ONE. (this still makes me cry)

I have the pics of the flower if anyone ever wants to see :)

Julie, there is an older thread in this forum called "More on the subject of questions about signs" started by Lillian (lilyjohn) - it contains several wonderful stories & is worth a look if you have not read it.

I am a firm believer that our loved ones continue their presence in our lives after they have passed, perhaps more powerfully than ever. I have been lucky enough to have experienced evidence of this firsthand, and I feel bad for the people who have not had this experience, knowing they often do feel deprived. People wish for dreams of their loved one or signs they can observe with their 5 senses, but this is not always to be. I think the loved one is simply acting in the background on their behalf in these situations.

I love these stories myself. Thanks for sharing, everyone.

Thank you so much for the e-mails and responses. Nick I would love to see your picture. I emailed you to the address above.

I did see the other forum blog and that is where I did get two of my stories. This site has been an incredible God send to me not only for support, but by meeting some really neat people.

Thanks so much!

Julie

• 4 weeks later...

Check out the end of my profile for the first "message" that happened just moments after my husband Jim died. Then, at his wake, we brought all kinds of memorabilia, photos, mementos, etc. My daughter, who was going through chemo for breast cancer, brought a stuffed rabbit we had given her in the hospital that sang John Lennon's song "I Will" when you squeezed her hand. The rabbit sat at the far end of the reception room, and nobody was near it... suddenly for no earthly reason, she began singing "Love you forever, and forever, love you with all my heart... love you whenever we're together, love you when we're apart..." Everyone in the room turned around, looked at the rabbit, then looked at each other and a few hummed that "twilight zone" song! We knew it was Jim's message that his love was still with us! Sandy F.