Getting to know you - January 17

Ann

I don't remember the first, it would probably have been one of the "British Invasion" groups before they ever got known here.

However, I did see the Beatles in concert before anyone really knew who they were. They were the opening act and we had to read the program to find out who they were when they started singing "Please, please me".

I'm not sure when that was, probably 1962 or 1963 I think.

As I'm typing this I remember, it was Cliff Richard. I was about 13 and my friend had 2 tickets for her birthday.

Memories!

Geri

I was about 12 years old when I saw Conway Twitty at our local county fair. Although I wasn't a big fan at the time, I remember that he put on a really good show. My mom was thrilled.

Well this area of Michigan is home to a lot of great musicians so as a teen we saw lots of great people play at local clubs etc. I think the first I remember was Bob Seger at the local ski place when I was about 14-15. Ted Nugent and Aice Cooper played around here a lot also.

My first big concert where you paid money and got a seat was B.B. King. I couldn't even drive yet, my dad had to drop me and my friend off and pick us up.