Update on my Buddy

norme

Went to the chemo onc today and to make a long story short, Buddy is to have a much needed ultrasound tomorrow on his liver and a new PET next Thursday. Onc feels that he does have mets to liver and lung from the reports but did say that he could see where the confusion was coming from. I think he was covering his you know what... I swear, when I got those reports last week it was the first time I knew he had mets to the right lung if it is true. In both the upper lobe and the middle lobe.

Need all the prayers we can muster up now.....want no mets to liver and lung, want only cysts to liver and pneumonia and radiation fibrosis to lung.

the report on 7/15/03 only says THE CHEST WALL MUSCULATURE MASS-LIKE APPEARANCE IS MORE PROMINET THAN ON THE PRIOR STUDY. suspect for metastatic on the lung????the report they referred this to was from the one before that said to them it looked more like pneumonia in the one lobe and radiation fibrosis to the other. But could not rule out neoplasm.

Thanks you all.......Got to get dinner started....have to have a fat free meal for dinner because of the ultrasound tomorrow. Dinner will probably be icky....

You know Norme Darrells report has also mentioned "radiation fibrosis to lung" and as you know "Hepatic Cysts" I just don't get this...At one point they say probably metastic of the lesions then they say cysts.. Does anyone know anything??? Darrell has also had different test done different places...3 to my knowledge..I have never felt good about his lesions on the liver.. started one lesion, went to four and now 6? but now they say probably not cancer, just hepatic cyst... I wish you well and will be waiting for the results, I might just have to get more persistent with those liver lesions.. The report reccomends an mri but does anyone ever suggest one? Of course not...do they just not care about lc patients, do they think they don't deserve to live? One doctor said well right now it isn't important, because if we don't get whats in your chest the liver doesn't matter. But does that mean ignore it all together? Our last visit the doc said he had mets and then sent his nurse back to tell us he made a mistake, "after he left the room he actually read the report" I'm assuming and found out it said probably not cancer.. Who knows if they know anything..

Good Luck Norme, I'll be watching for a news update!! Christy

Christy, just pm'd you. their cases are so very close. if buddy's turns out to be mets to the liver, i will call darrell by phone and explain the importance of an MRI. Don't care what the dr said about if they can't fix the lung prob it won't matter anyway. What a he/// of a statement. You and I matter and we want to know what all we are fighting....Love...

Norme, Man-all of the confusion and the worry-I mean, is it SO much to ask for -to know what you're dealing with? I don't understand it. We have enough going on in our heads, what we need are answers-it is tooo easy to "go there" and think the worst, and it is unbearibly sad when we think we're on the safer side and then have the wind knocked out of us by the truth. The guessing and wondering are absolutly maddening. I hope that you get some definate answers here, and that they are the 'good news' types of answers at that! Please keep us informed of how you and your best Buddy are doing. take care, Deb

Goodmorning Everyone,

The Radiation Onc just called to tell me that the bone scan on my Buddy came out clean. No bone cancer in the skeletol system. That means that there is no cancer showing in the shoulder area nor in the left rib area where he had radiation earlier. He said this sounds really good but the the PET will do a little better because it will show whether there is still uptake or not in the rib area. This morning is the ultra sound for the liver. I sure hope it is only cysts....

Dinner was terrible but Buddy liked it cause he was hungry..he is like Mikey, he will eat anything.....

Last nights prayers really worked. Thanks everyone...

Norme, So far so good!! I'll be praying that the pet scan doesn't show any uptake!! and I'll definatly be praying that Buddy's liver ultra sound shows Cysts!! Hopefully one way or another you will find out whats going on. I mean no matter what, we do want to know what we are fighting! Let me know what you find out and I appreciate you willing to talk to Darrell about getting a mri, I may just take you up on that... I talked to him last night about what you and buddy are going through. Maybe he will push for a mri on his liver... Thanks a million Norme!! I'll be thinking about you and buddy!! Christy

Norme -- I'll be praying for good results from the scans,with toes crossed under my desk at work.

Christy -- ASK for an MRI, if that will clear the issue up. If you feel the doctor is dismissing you because of the LC, then find another doctor who will be part of your TEAM to fight the cancer.

I had the good fortune to have doctors who were all part of my team, gave 110%, and kept looking forward to the next option, should it be needed. They were a blessing.... truly. They helped me to keep believing in tomorrow.

Prayers all around, that scans come back with best possible news, and all ambiguities resolved.

Hugs,

MaryAnn

I phoned the chemo onc today to get the results of the Ultrasound on the liver yesterday. Talk with his assistant and she said the report was great! no cancer shown in the liver, just two cysts. I have not seen this report yet, intend to pick it up tomorrow. My dear friends, these are the same two cysts that have been here since 8/7/02. I am right now assuming that the three treatments of Taxotere were wrong. That there was no mets to give more chemo for. OH MY. You all can be guessing how upset I am.

I am thrilled no cancer in the liver and no cancer in the rib bones and no cancer in the shoulder bone but am so upset that Buddy had to go through 10 radiation treatments back in April/03 for rib mets and three cycles of taxotere starting in July/03 and ending four weeks ago for liver cancer and that the chemo onc wanted to start him back on Taxotere this past Tuesday until I stopped him and requested more proof and, don't forget, they were going to give him radiation for the bone cancer in the shoulder until the radiation onc questioned that report the day Buddy was set to have the treatment. That is when my mind :?: questioned what the heck was going on and all of this has come out in the wash....

Now we are waiting to see if he has mets to the right lung as his medical records show. Please pray for your prayers are being answered for Buddy. Don't forget, we want him to have radiation fibrosis in one section and to have had pneumonia in the other section.

"WHAT A NIGHTMARE"

Our son was telling me tonight that before all of this questioning started he was sitting by himself on his enclosed porch the other night with tears in his eyes thinking this was the end for his dad. Now look. If it is not in the lung, he is doing terrific....then tears of joy for both of us...then he said, remember when they said that if he didn't take treatment for the liver mets we would need to call in hospice........

Goodnight my friends. Am too mentally tired to try and answer any posts tonight. Hope all is well with all of you....

Norme!

Wow, I just read all the posts from the 30th, (sorry I haven't been on as much this week)! WOW! what a rollar coaster! But great news that it is just cysts, and not cancer!! All the prayers were answered!

It does suck, however, that buddy had to go through radiation, Can you get a new doctor?? (sorry I am new so I don't know all the history) anyhow So happy all is going well, and tell your son, I know how he feels, when Mom(judy B) was going in for sugery both times, I was often sitting and crying because I was thinking the worst.

Now you guys have some food with some FAT in it, enjoy :D

Take care and keep posting!

Your new friend, Steph

Norme, I have been moving this week and have not been on line. I pray for all of us everyday, so Buddy is always in my prayers. What a nightmare you have been going through!! I'm so glad it seems to be turning out so much better than expected. I need to catch up on what's been going on. I'm really out of the loop.

Annie