Crises? Despair? Lost? Scared? A book to help.....

stand4hope

I've been away too long. I just now noticed the name of this forum has changed to "Inspirational". Don't tell me - I bet it's been like that for six months....... :roll:

That's ok, because that's what this post is about - INSPIRATION! I'll save you all the details, but my life has been through hell and back over and over the last year or so. If I told you everything that's been going on, it's so dramatic that I'm sure some would think I was making it up. :)

Anyway, it all changed, after Christmas. The drama hasn't changed one bit, and in fact has become worse each day, but I've changed. My boss and his wife gave me a book for Christmas called "Second Guessing God: Hanging on When You Can't See His Plan", by Brian Jones. Paperback, approx. $11.00.

Since my posts are always too long, I'll just say it short and sweet: this book pulled me out of the pits. Like one of the 5-star reviewers on Amazon.com said, "I will be stronger because I read this book."

It's a Christian book written by a Christian pastor. If you're not a Christian, I hope you won't let that stop you from benefiting from the treasures in this book to begin to understand first, and then cope.

Love to all,

Peggy

P.S. If you read it, please come back to this thread and let us know what you thought.

Peggy,

Thanks for the tip. Glad you are doing better. I just finished about 12 weeks in a local grief support group. It was really helpful being around others going through the same things. I will order the book, too and let you know what I think. Take care. We miss you!

Thanks Peggy for the suggestion. Because I am in need of a good read (now) I did a search and saw that Wal-Mart has the book for $10.35, so... I am going to the store to buy this book. I can't wait for it to be shipped. It's gonna be cold here most of the week through the weekend so I can use a good book. I'll let you know what I think when I finish it.

Connie