Mom is Gone

justme2007

Mom died this morning right after her sponge bath from hospice. I am so grateful I was in the room. I had promised her I'd be with her until the end. It seems like a dream, but I know it's not.

Since she is being cremated, we waited for my brother to arrive 2-1/2 hours later before calling the funeral home to remove her body. She died at 10:45 a.m. and we all kissed her for the last time at about 2:30 this afternoon. It was so, so hard watching them take her away. My sweet mother. I felt so much love for her over the past few days. It's a very good feeling to love someone so much and to have the satisfaction of being by her side for the last several days of her life.

Now I'm just exhausted. I will look at her picture and take a nap.

I am so sorry. My mom just passed away on Jan 13 so i feel your pain. We have the funeral tommorrow and im still having a hard time believing that it is real. I feel so lost but i have a wonderful family and I know my mom would be proud of the way we are helping each other. I am hoping that all goes well for you. You are in my thoughts.

My deepest condolences goes out to you on the passing of your mom. I am so glad you were able to be there with her as you said you would. That made her transition so much better.

Your mom will live on in that special place in our hearts that are only reserved for moms. In there she will always live on through all those beautiful memories your both shared.

Peace be with you.

Maryanne :cry:

I am so sorry for your lost. Losing a mom is not easy unfortunally I belong to that club too. You were brave to wait for to funeral home to take her, I couldn't do it. My dad and my mom's best friend stayed with her. I stayed 3 hrs with her after she died. It's so weird to see their skin change color.

My prayers are with you. I hope your mom will give you enough strength to get throw the next few days.

Take care of yourself,

Martha