Buying Tampax

Frank Lamb

Two young boys walk into a pharmacy one day, pick out a box of Tampax and proceed to the checkout counter. The man at the counter asks the older boy, "Son, how old are you?"

"Eight," the boy replies.

The man continues, "Do you know what these are used for?"

"Not exactly," the boy says. "But they aren't for me. They're for him. He's my brother. He's four. We saw on TV that if you use these you would be able to swim and ride a bike. Right now he can't do either one."

That's just too good, Frank. When I was little my cousin and I were looking at an ad in a magazine. There weren't Tampax WAY back in the dark ages.....only pads. There was a picture of one on the box. My cousin asked if I knew what it was. Now my aunt and mother were listening around the corner and they almost split their sides when they heard. I said, "Oh yes, ballerinas put them in their ballet slippers." Now I can't believe I just typed all that out!!!!! :?

Kase

Good one Frank. When my little brother was about 5 he found in the waste an empty cartridge from a tampax. He knew just what to do with it. He took a roll of tape and taped his "new telescope" to the top of his wooden gun. Mother nearly died of embarasment. She waited til he went to bed to discard of his new "toy". Funny thing was none of us knew why she turned purple when she saw it. This turned into a family joke as each one of us got big enough to remember and give it a good laugh.

Nina