My Mom's Obituary

justme2007

This appeared in my mom's local paper today. I wish I could figure out how to post her picture, but apparently I'm too technically challenged! This is exactly how my mom wanted her obit to appear (without much detail or fanfare). She has a master's degree in English and taught college-bound students at the same high school for 33 years. She read incessantly and was involved in local theater.

Paula Virlee, 69, Sturgeon Bay, died of cancer at her home Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2007.

She was born Nov. 16, 1937, in Marshfield to Harold and Linda (Schmidt) McGrath.

She is survived by her husband, Michael; two children, Jeffrey (Maria) Virlee, Neenah, and Beth Virlee, Green Bay; in-laws, Richard (Sharon) Virlee and Janice Virlee, all of Sturgeon Bay; and a grandchild, Stella Virlee, Neenah.

Paula requested that there would be no memorial service. She also requested that in lieu of flowers, donors should purchase a plant for their home.

Forbes Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. Online condolences may be sent from www.forbesfuneralhome.com

Thank you all. And Nick, that is awesome of you! I appreciate that gesture very much and am touched. That would definitely bring a smile to my mom's face. :D

I know there are many people who will have a new "Paula" plant to adorn their homes. I think I will buy one too this weekend! Maybe an African violet. Purple was her favorite color.

Peace,

Beth

Beth,

I haven't been here for a little bit and am so sorry to hear about the passing of your beautiful mom, and send you and your family my deepest condolences.

I'm not sure if this will work, but if I did it right, here is your mom's pic:

tn_PaulaVirleeObitPicture.jpg

She is beautiful! Your mom and I have something in common, we both love purple.

Peace,

Diane