attitude

Don M

I am sure that many of us are learning more how to live in the “here and now”. It seems to be a common theme on this site. It is kind of a zen thing. I googled zen cancer just for the heck of it and came up with “Zen Cancer: An Interview with Phil Sudo” this link is interesting on its own merits. Then I read in the interview, that one of his favorite books was F*** You Cancer, by Rick Fields, a book of poems. I googled “F*** You Cancer” and came up with some links referring to Rick Fields. One of them is an interview of Mr. Fields that pretty much encapsulates my attitude towards my cancer. Some may find the title of his book of poems offensive, but if you can get past that, I bet it would be good. I am going to see if I can find the book.

I am not a Buddhist, but I guess I still practice zen, at least in my attitude.

http://www.fearlessbooks.com/fsZenPhil.html

http://www.utne.com/issues/1999_86/features/101-1.html

Don M

Barb, the bronchoscopy was inconclusive. I will do another one in 2 months if the scan still glows. I asked the pulmonolgist to put me on steroids to see if the glow goes away. He said he would and I am supposed to do it 3 weeks before my next scan. If the glow is still there, I will consider it an active cancer. Then I will do another bronchscopy, mainly to insert fiducials. They will have the super dimension bronchus up and running by then and will be able to navigate the entire lung.

So, anyway, I just say to myself, "just this much". It is a little mantra I guess that makes me feel better.

Don M

Don,

I certainly MUST take part in your seminar where you will instruct us all HOW to approach each new 'twist' we are thrown.........so we can deal with your low-ley matter of fact no-nonsense approach. You are most awe-inspiriing. I am hoping for nothing less that WONDERFUL news, Don. So glad you are here.

Kasey