still cant sleep

crystleshoe

It seems that i can only take naps and not really sleep all night even though i would love to sleep for days and days. Its been 10 days since mom passed away and it seems to hurt more now than last week. I have 3 grown kids of my own, been married for 23 years and i cant believe how much I miss my mother. I feel so lost, like a part of me died with her. I keep thinking of all the pain and suffering she had to endure and I am so sorry that her last days were so bad. She was a God loving, church going wonderful woman and this disease just sucked the life out of her. I dont know how to be motherless and after taking care of her and being there for her for 4 months i dont know where to direct my energy. Tommorrow will be my first day off after the funeral and i used to spend my days off with mom so maybe thats why im all weirded out tonight. I guess ill use my time to clean and do laundry and take down the xmas tree and do all the things ive been putting off so i could spend as much time with her as possible.

My hubby will like that as he's been so understanding and patient in helping me to be where i needed to be and do what i needed to do for mom.

I'm so sorry you are struggling. It's hard enough to go through what you have gon through but to have lack of sleep only compounds how you are feeling. I have had problems with insomnia lately so I know where you are coming from. Have you talked to your doctor about some anti-depressants or sleeping pill to help get you through this rough time? I know some people try to avoid meds. I have also used Melatonin at night to help sleep and TylenolPM on some nights as well. Getting some much needed sleep will help I know.

Hang in there,

Karen

I really relate to the feeling of needing to DO something. The crappy feelings could always be eased a little by doing something for your Mom. I get it. It's hard but it does ease up a little as time goes on.

A friend asked me how I was about 10 days after Mom passed. I said I was okay because I have to be. I don't have a choice. She told me to "walk with it". I think it's a good expression.

Hope you start getting a little more sleep and some brighter days. They will come. I promise.

Shauna