Eskimo Legend (comforting)

justme2007

Thanks so much for sharing that with us. Although I have read it before, I always love reading it again. It helps me to remember why I feel so close to those I have loved and lost when I'm standing outside on a very dark night and look up at the starry sky!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not posted here in awhile but have some down time at work tonight so have been reading some posts. I have to comment on this one as that saying"Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but, rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy." Is engraved on a silver angel ornament. I know because the day my mom died I was out shopping ( not knowing she had taken a turn for the worse until I got back to her house) . I saw the angel ornaments and had to buy one for each of my siblings and myself which involved having the store call a few other branches to find 4 of them.Normally I would not have bothered with it but I HAD to find enough of them. When I returned home to find out that my mom who had been ok when I left earlier had taken a turn for the worse and the hospice nurse was at the house and had said she would not make it through the night (she died at 10PM) I knew why it had been so important to me to get them.I feel I must have gotten some vibe about what was going on with my mom.

Needless to say a month later when my sister's opened the Christmas gift and saw the angel and read what it said they cried.The ornament will always bring back memories of my mom when it gets hung it on future christmas trees. JanMarie