Not posting as much

Andrea

Hi friends,

I wanted to apologize that I am not posting as much as I used to. I am reading, checking the boards, moderating, and only posting where I may have input. I don't want anyone to think I am being "rude" by posting sporadically.

I am being a bit self-centered and am overwhelmed at learning everything baby :) I never changed a diaper before, never babysat, etc.

I am also struggling (as usual) with my own demons. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Who else but me is worried now of routine blood tests in Feb and a routine mamogram in March?

When I got engaged, I thought things were too good, then my mom got cancer. We finally decided to do surrogacy, then my dad got cancer. Now we are expecting twins, so I wonder what will happen next to balance the good/bad ration.

Right now I am trying to just juggle everything (work, baby learning--we are due end of June/early July, my parents, etc) and I am praying for everyone here, thinking of you all, and rooting everyone on (just behind the scenes) :)

Thanks for understanding! Hopefully soon I will post a bit more actively.

Thanks and just a reminder, I am always on the computer and reading, so please keep PMing me (or any of the other Moderators) with things that need attention.

I will only be out of contact this weekend, going away just over night.

Hey sweetie! It's ok. Remember - it's always ok. Wherever you are in your life at this moment is the right place to be.

As you know, I've given up on trying to get you to stop worrying. Instead, I'll give you a little encouragement. When your new babies get here, you will have all the experience you need because you have passed Worrying 101, 102 and 103. Since you have passed, and graduated with high marks, you will be better qualified to be a mother because, believe me, that's when the real worrying starts!

Now... how's that for putting a positive punch to your daily listening to "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"

http://www.superlaugh.com/1/behappy.htm

Love you!!!!

Peggy

Andrea,

Do what you need to do for Andrea for a change. You have worked so hard for your family and all of us that it is your turn. I know you are worried but you'll be fine when those kids get here. You have always done everything you do well and there is no reason to think otherwise now.

Have a great weekend.

Nina

Hi Andrea, I'm glad to hear that you're taking a bit of "you" time, you absolutely need it!

Don't worry about learning to do all the baby stuff, it really does come to you ... with a bit of practice. I remember when we were having our first baby I was terrified as I had never been around babies before. Charlie had lots of experience as he comes from a huge family, and he kept telling me not to worry (which of course I did), and he was right. I'm not saying it was easy, but I caught on, and I think my kids turned out okay!

Take care of yourself and try not worry about the "other shoe". Having a baby (or babies) is truly one of the most amazing things one can experience, please don't let your fear taint the joy you are feeling now.

Have a great weekend.

Tracy

So great to hear from you, Andrea. Although we miss you, we all understand what a wonderful "happening" this is in your life, as we have all ridden along with you on so many ups and downs on the journey to get to this part of your life. I am so thrilled that you are going to be a mom. I know that all of this will just come naturally and you're going to be the best mom ever! For now, do whatever you have to do for Andrea in preparation for this dream that's coming true!!! We love ya!!!