My Workplace Has Gone Tobacco Free!!!

tkelley

This is the email I received this morning at the college that I teach for. Isn't this great!!

Good morning.

45 days from now, COA - all campuses and off campus sites - will be Tobacco Free!

Outdoor signs are in production that will announce our smoke free date and our pride in promoting a healthy and cleaner environment for students and employees. From what we understand, COA is the first community college in North Carolina to go Tobacco Free - campus wide. As you’ve probably noticed, Jill Overton with the Health Department, has been visiting our three campus locations providing information to those who are interested in quitting smoking. We have also offered, with Jill’s assistance, a smoking cessation class to employees. Our plan is to offer the same type of class for students as well. While it is not COA’s goal to get people to quit smoking, we will offer what assistance we can, if that’s the choice you make.

Thank you.

Tammy

Yes, us too. Our small college in Northern CA recently restricted smoking to 5 or 6 designated outdoor picnic tables located far away from my building. People can also smoke inside their cars with widows rolled up.

We just implemented a few weeks ago, and what a difference it has made. I'm breathing much better at work now. :D Barb