Spam Postings

luvmydog2

With all the SPAM going on within the board right now I wanted to remind everyone to check your virus scan. Also keep it updated. We don't need anyone disapearing because of computer going down. If you don't have one there are some free ones on the net. I will look for them and post back in case anybody needs one.

Don't these sick jerks think we have enough to deal with without dropping this on our plates?

Thank you Bruce. As for don't these sick jerks thinking we have more to deal with..... NOPE they don't! Sick comes in all shapes and sizes.

Someone has decided to play with us. Yes it's sick, but, they really don't care.

PLEASE MODERATORS Keep a watchful eye out for these kinds of posts.

And PLEASE if anyone see's a nasty post, PLEASE feel free to PM me and I will gladly go in and delete it.

I belong to another forum that had been inundated with these same spam messages. What we found out is they are not individuals but software programs that generate "spambots" and the software scours the internet for message boards to spam. Most likely, they don't know where their message lands. Their intent is to disseminate their website addy as widely as possible.

When Rick gets back and is up to it, I can get him information on how to eliminate these spambots. From what I understand its not too tedious of a task. On the other board I belong to, we were able to sequester them to one hidden forum.

Just FYI. This problem isn't new.

This has been happening for well over a year since LCSC has grown so quickly and is so high in the search engines.

You will NOT get a virus from using this website. The only things the spammers can do is post...and they can post as long as they have a valid e-mail address.

The minute LCSC gets a spam/advertising posting, I delete it and block their IPs and e-mail addresses.

I do this for at least an hour a day twice every single day and usually have been so effecient that only one or two slips me and gets seen by LCSC users.

Spam elimination programs will not work on individuals who use valid e-mail addresses and IPs to post these things on our website.

I apologize for not being here to keep up the past 2 weeks like I normally have but things will be back to normal now.

Thanks to all for your help and I apologize for any inconvenience.

Yu do not have to apologize Katie. We understand and are praying you are ok each and every day. We Just holding Down the Fort for Now.