Frank Lamb Update// Dead Man Walking 01/27/2007

Frank Lamb

Good morning to everyone.I have been waiting too long to update all of you because it always seems like tomorrow will include more news and some of it better.Most of it so far has not been better so here goes.

Again I like to highly praise all the drs.that have worked together very well together in the efforts to get me better.As it stands currently I had been previously placed in pallitive care situation.There really are few limited options and those mostly include comfort only procedures and or tests.Next week I have a follow up consultation for the results of the MRI for the brain tumor and swelling of the brain.I also same day have consult to see if there is any ryme or reason to consider a stent to help with the severe reflux I have been fighting along with all the other stuff.

As of day before yesterday I am home under Home Hospice Care. (there,I finally said it).I have been set up at home(I am still mobile and comfortable as possible).The clincher here is not the brain tumors that have been radiated, it is the size,growth,location,etc.,etc.of the tumor in the chest area.Same culprit we have fought from day one.I have been scheduled for the same visiting team for two days a week to check on me Mondays and Thursdays along with 24/7 any time I need it help for Connie and I anytime we need help.Gettting started this week I am trying to re regulate all the pain meds etc.This week they have already been here every day (but making head way).Have been fighting a lot of pain,nausea,reflux and severe bowel (POOP) problems.

I have decided to post this update in the Lung Cancer Survivors Forum.As most ot you know I am under constant supervision from Ry, Debi,Snowflake,and many,many others here and gone for a goal of better seek and search typing methods.I am in no way a journalist,writer or any other type of a jotter downer.I hope to begin a weekly or more often open heart relating of my feelings and experiences from now until the end.

I am doing this in hopes that others will benefit from my own personal vendetta with Lung Cancer.I will not have time to respond to many posts I receive in addition to the moderating of the forums I participate in.For that I apoligize.

I will call this Dead Man Walking and I will try to post it on a weekly basis.This will be a from my heart relation of this experience I am forgoing.I truly hope it helps others here as much as I have been helped by all the others both here and gone.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank,

I have been waiting for an update from you, and was truly hoping to read about your miraculous remission. Maybe next time :wink: .

Thank you for continuing to give so selflessly, and for teaching us to face this disease with courage and humour. I will be an avid reader of your journal as it unfolds.

Much love,

Karen

I too have been watching for an update from you. You still have your sense of humor and that is great. Hang in there and post when you can. I am standind in one corner with my boxing gloves on and Snowflake is in the other corner with her ballbat. If that "fat lady" comes near where you are we will whop her one. :twisted:

Take care and post when you feel like it.

I'm so glad to see you posted in the Survivors forum, because you ARE A SURVIVOR! :wink::wink::D

I think it takes moxy to do what your doing, but I'm not at all surprised your going to try and journal your ending days. I hope I will be able to do that when my time comes.

You just get your little butt settled in and find that cozy little spot and pop open a Bud and just ejoy today to the fulliest my friend.

Your my inspiration and you have been a very good friend. You write what you want, when you want. WHen you right, it always comes from you heart and it does'nt get any better then that.

((((((((((((((((((((((FRANK))))))))))))))))))

Frank-- It's been a long time since I cried over someone on this board....I can't begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am that it is time for hospice. I am going to call the chicken cult together and see what kind of spell we can come up with.

On a practical note-- do you think the beer and chocolate donuts might have something to do with the reflux? :lol:

Rochelle

Oh (((Frank))),

I read your post first thing this morning and am now just able to respond :cry: . From the first time I came here you made me feel so very special. Your 'gift' is that you make EVERYONE feel that way. I hope you know that 'special' feeling is sent right back atcha.

You are nothing less than remarkable, Frank.....your humor, wisdom, courage, and compassion. I could go on and on. I am so privileged to be on this journey with you. May your days be many and comfortable. And may this 'journal' have many, many chapters. I love you, friend.

XOXOXO,

Kase

Frank,

I too have followed your journey since you first came to the boards and have never missed one of your posts. I so admire your determination to fight the d*** disease and to live each day to the fullest. And you've never forgotten your compassion for others during your own "ordeal."

You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

gail p-m

Frank, I am just in AWE. It is truly amazing that you can post this and find humor and strength and dignity. In that you have already beat this d--- cancer. I am truly honored that you would share this leg of your journey. I will pray for you and Connie daily.

Frank, you are my HERO!!! I always read your posts and will continute to do so for the many that you will be here to write for us. There are so many prayers coming your direction for absolutely every place ... I am sure they are inumerable. I pray to have your wisdom and fight and pray for you and your family.