Frank Lamb Update// Dead Man Walking 01/27/2007

Frank Lamb

Dear Frank,

I just can't add anything else to what the others have said. I think you know how we all feel about you. I know you've been there for me in PMs more than once. God has blessed all of us, through you, and I hope you will always know that.

I have great concern, of course, for Connie. Since she is on the side that I can better identify with, and even though she has never come on the board and talked to us, I still feel like I know her, and I can most definitely feel her feelings.

So, Dear Connie: I love you, too, and I am so sorry for what you are going through. As you know, many of us here know what it feels like to see our soul-mates of so many years decline and make ready for that trip of reunion with our Lord. Connie, we are here for you and our prayers are for you as much as they are for Frank. It hurts and it hurts really, really bad. We know. We care.

All my love to Frank and Connie,

Peggy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank my friend, I am really sorry to hear that you are in such discomfort. I hope they can get it all under control soon.

I want you to know you weighing heavy on our minds at this house. We will be sending nothing but good thoughts your way plus some chicken cult voodoo.

I'll drink and Iron City to you today.

Your friend John.

Frank, it was only recently I found that you live very close to where I live - near Cranberry Twp.! (Confused Valencia for another town to the North! :oops::oops: ) I feel honored to "know" you, neighbor. As always you amaze me with your good humor and honesty of your posts. You have my continued prayers - for you and for Connie......

Frank,

You were one of the first people to respond to me when my dad was diagnosed and I have always admired you! Thank you for your wisdom, strength and support. You inspire many. I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I wish I were more eloquent with my words, but I just want you to know how much to mean to so many people!

love,

Cathy

Frank,

My heart is heavy in reading your post.

I have to ditto what everyone else has said. You remind me of so many others that have gone on this path before you. Dean Carl for one.

I admire your strenght and courage and willingness to share with us here what you are thinking and feeling as you walk this path.

May you feel the blessings of God as He guides you on this journey.

My prayers are for you and Connie at this time. I just "wish you enough".

Much love,

Shirleyb

:shock: Frank said the "H" word... :shock:

I will be looking forward to your journaling, and I don't mind the typos! You've always had something genuine to say and with your sense of humor you've always found the best way to say it. Hoping your 'walk' is a good, long pain-free one!

You da man!

Karen

My Dear Frank....with a lump in my throat...I want you to know my prayer's will be with you and Connie ..and I pray that the Good Lord touches you and comfort's you..free's you of pain and let's you and your family know that HE is there...and He is!!!

And I still believe in Miracles my friend...

Much love and admiration....PamS.

Frank,

I don't post often here anymore, but I do stop by to check on some of you and you are one I always look to hear from. I have always admired you for your strength , your fighting spirit and your wonderful sense of humor. My prayers continue for you and your family.

Dear Frank....You have kindness of heart and richness of spirit. You've earned love and respect and I hope you continue to use this board and our shoulders for as long as is possible. Sending Luv and strength to another warrior.........

Frank,

The orchestra may be warming up but there is still an entire opera before the fat lady sings. I pray its a long opera and that we get to read many, many installments of your journal.

Frank, you are such a special person. I feel I know you deep down and for that I am greatful. I hope hospice gets it right soon and that the "symtoms", discomfort and pain are gone before your next report.

The only other thing I need to say is that I love you too. You will always have a special place in my heart. How many days have I come here feeling yucky and read one of your posts or jokes and felt better.

Write often and long when you can.

Nina

Frank, you are such an inspiring character in my own personal book of life. There are so many pages full of you. You have been in my heart and prayers all the way back when I first joined. You are always there with your wit and encouragement.

When I think of all the sh-t you have been through, there were so many times I just cringed and could not imagine how you were able to even post. You are my hero, that is one thing I want you to know. That is important, you have touched my life.

I will continue of send prayers for a miracle and will light my white candle for you to be painfree, comfortable and at peace.

Please let us help you through this. You can tell us anything as we are always here for you. I look forward to reading your updated postings.

I will also be in one of the other corners along with Bruce and Becky. Except when that fat lady shows her ugly face I will spray her with a machine gun!

Hang strong...but I know I don't have to tell you that.

You are incredible...and really good friend.

Love,

Maryanne :cry:

Frank, you were the first person to answer my very first LCSC message, just 26 minutes after I posted it in the predawn hours of a quiet Sunday morning back in September. And since that time you've only gotten better in my eyes.

This latest project of yours will be a marvelous gift to everyone struggling with lung cancer, both now and in the future. Your words, as always, will be that perfect combination of humor, class, and true grit. They deserve a more secure and permanent place than the hard drive of a discussion board web server somewhere out there on the fringes of cyberspace. Maybe a few community stalwarts can come up with ideas to make that happen.

Frank, get those pain meds sorted out more skosh -- you've got work to do!

With an abundance of Aloha,

Ned

I know I don't really know you Frank, but I find your courage and generosity of spirit to be amazing. I don't know that I have anything more to add, except God bless you and yours. And also, thank you for being here for us all. You've particularly touched my mom, KarHart. She was deeply saddened to hear of your recent struggles, and still hasn't been up to posting. I know she wishes you and your family well.

Godspeed.

Yet again Frank you're showing us your strength and tenacity.

You've been an inspiration to me since I joined, I'm so sorry to hear that your journey is as this stage but I know that you'll deal with this in the same way you've handled all the other bumps in this road.

You're one of a kind Frank and I'm honored to "know" you, I look forward to reading your journal - typo's and all!

Take care

Geri

Frank, as others have said you were one of the very first to reply to my posts. Its been like you have devoted yourself to reply to every single post and with so much positive engery for all of us. I pray that the Lord give me just part of the strength that you have to get me through this, and I say part because I know others need a piece of that too......

Hey Frank, just get comfortable, take your pain pills, and ONE DAY at a TIME!

Dr Bernie Siegel's words come to mind "You are either living or your dead".

His words stuck with me since my first dx way back in 1993.

Yes, please, update when you can, but I see you living, breathing, and loving life.

gail