Frank Lamb Update// Dead Man Walking 01/27/2007

Frank Lamb

Frank,

I've followed your journey also. When I think of you I think of a drumming energizer bunny. You've been through so much already, yet you keep going and going...

I'm sure your hospice journals will be an inspiration to other members who first hear the "H" word. Your experience will let others know you can live with hospice for a long time. I hope it's long enough to find a cure.

I'll look forward to your musings Frank.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank,

I have been avoiding the site all weekend, I had a feeling there was an update from you and I didn't want to read it. Sometimes denial is a good thing..

Like Ry before me, there aren't many left that make me cry. But you have been close to my heart from day one, from back in the day when it didn't hurt so much to care about someone, when who knew the pain that a message board could actually bring.

I am sad Frank, but so in awe of you and your fight with this, and how you have given it a run for its' money. I don't want to read your weekly journal, I want to slip back into my denial, and live in a chat room where you type in caps and all our other friends are still typing away, making us laugh. I don't want to face the fact that you are writing it, but if you have the courage to write your journal, then I can be brave enough to read it. (My only hope is that with your one finger, slow-*ss typing, you'll be around forever.)

I hope that your discomfort eases, and if there is anything that you or Connie need, please let me know.

Hi Frank, I am so sorry to hear this. I pray for healing, peace and comfort. Barb

1 God is our refuge and strength,

an ever-present help in trouble.

2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way

and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,

3 though its waters roar and foam

and the mountains quake with their surging.

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,

the holy place where the Most High dwells. Psalm 46

Dear Frank,

I have not "talked" with you personally -- just read your posts and your responses to other people's posts. Always kind, always thoughtful.

What struck me here tonight is all of the responses you've received. So many names and pictures I've never seen, although I've been actively reading here for weeks. That speaks volumes to who you are to everyone here.

I sometimes hesitate to say "you'll be in my prayers," because it sounds so trite. But Frank, I promise that you and your family will be my primary prayer focus tonight.

God bless...

Frank,

I don't post here often but I come by to read and check up on everyone. Your posts are some of the first that I look for because of your incredible outlook on life. Your insight and sense of humor are one of a kind and truly a blessing.

My prayers are with you and your family always,

Karen

Oh Frank...I don't know where to begin. Like many have already stated, to me you have been a man to follow, a man of great words, candor, love, hope, peace, and strength...add to that a man with a keen sense of humor, and selflessness.

Each one of us walks a journey, a journey we cannot begin to understand, and for that we often are angry with God for putting us on our various paths. Well, along with the path of cancer, came the awareness of a man, so devoted to helping others, that I am just baffled, sitting her and staring at this computer screen.

Frank, please know you have my prayers. May God always watch over you. May He grant you peace in your heart, in Connie's heart, and in the hearts of your kids and grandkids. You are truly an amazing man. I pray that God grant you comfort, and strength. As always I pray for a miracle...as God does grant them. I wish I knew why He thought He needed you...because you know what...we need you. Urgh. (Look, there I am selfish again)

For many more amazing days...

God bless,

Jen

Frank,

I'm what is probably considered a 'hit and runner' here. I'll visit for a while and leave for a while.

I've always found your posts to be uplifting and inspirational and if anyone belongs on the survivor forum you are certainly one of them.

You have my prayers and my utmost honor, respect and support in your ongoing battle.

John

Frank,

It is posts like this that make you admire you and respect you so very much. Your sense of humor, strength and courage comes shining through.

I'm sure that this is a scary path, but we are all standing beside you praying and hoping that we have many, many, many more posts from you.

Warm Hugs,

Melinda

Frank please know that all of us here will walk with you on this finnal chapter in you life. please know that you are loved and not alone. that we all feel your laughter and pain. thank you for your generousity in sharing with us. We are all so afraid of this road you are taking. it is comforting to know that you will be there to great us when we reach the other side. just make sure you have the beer and the chocolate doughnuts ready! courage ann