My husband is in the hospital - update 2/5

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....once again, I can't thank everyone enough for all the love and support :D

...the news is Carlton is home! ...we got home just a little while ago. he is still shakey, and boy is there alot of work to be done...

tomorrow the visiting nurse will come, evaluate him, and his medicine. He has a few new meds, so I have got to read up on...but they also sent him home w/ a walker and a comode, they wanted to send a hospital bed, but he refused.

I'm glad that I don't have to work for the next few days because I'm going to have to get this all in place, nurses, physical therapy, occupational therapy, setting up labs to take his blood at home. making drs. appointments. his onc came in to see us, he wants to see us on thurs., we're going to go over everything, MRI results, other blood work he did, and he's been brainstorming and has got an idea of two he wants to present to us.

of course, it is very exhausting, and while I am not in my "crisis" mode, it still his overwhelming...

..I apologize for not being more supportive of everyone here and what is going on with all of you, I think perhaps I will be able to come on here and catch up with what is going on....and my prayers and thoughts go out to everyone......

....I need all of you and I hope I can do the same..

lots of luv,

Grace

I am glad that your husband is home now. Mine just got home on Friday and I would much rather have him home than in hospital. I pray that your husband will get through this set back and come back to you fighting strong. All healing energy and good thoughts coming your way.

Heather

So pleased that Carlton is finally back at home! If ever there was a time to put all of your focus and energy into your own family, it's now. I'm just glad you've been able to keep us up to date so we could be a support to you.

We're all pulling for you and your family -- lots of prayers and positive thoughts!

Grace,

Glad to know Carlton is at home, but know how overwhelmed :shock: you must feel right now. Breath deep and take it slow until you get the hang of the new schedule. I sincerely hope the Doc can come up with another game plan.

Continued prayers and good wishes for your whole family.

Welthy