I need a spanking!!

Bev'sSister

OK..I am coming clean. I smoked yesterday. It was the best cigarette I have ever smoked. 28 days of non-smoking went up in a puff of smoke. I had to confess so I can start to quit again. I had to get blood work done to check my thyroid function yesterday, and the Doctor told me to take the patch off overnight. That pretty much did it for me..by the time I got to work..through the traffic here in Baton Rouge (believe me..traffic is hell here) I was a bundle of nerves. So I smoked and it was good. I am however, smokefree today. So spank me, if you must, but I have not given up.

Anyone else here trying to quit?

You should be so, SO, proud of yourself of what you have accomplished. 28 days is a heck of a long time and to give all that up because you smoked ONE cigarette would be a big mistake.

I hope you can jump right back on the wagon and make it another 28 days....and 28 more....etc.

Good luck Bobby :D

I had a cousin say to me once, "I feel like such a failure every-time I have a cigarette" I told her, "As long as she keeps trying to quit, she will never be a failure."

Just keep trying! And keep yourself busy when you want a cigarette. It's really very doable, HONEST!

Don't do what I did and wait until they yank your lung out before you quit. It would have been so much easier just to quit. :roll::oops:

OK, so ya slipped, we are all human. But you CAN do this and think how proud you will be when you say "I haven't had a smoke for a whole year!" Please find the will to quit. Sometimes I think mom had no problem licking the lung cancer but the emphysema will get her one day.

Good Luck!

Karen

:oops::oops::oops: Okay...I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but for the sake of helping you back on track, here goes... Last weekend, after having a couple of beers, I decided I would have "just one" smoke....AFTER OVER 4 YEARS of being "basically" a non-smoker (I've had spills off the wagon perhaps 10 times, or so in the past 4+ years :shock: ) Anyway, "just one" became 4 before I knew it!!! YUCK! But ya know what? Next day I quit again, and I haven't had one since. Moral to the story - dunno - I shouldn't drink beer... :lol::lol: . Just kidding...really, you just have to keep on trying. DON'T GIVE UP!!! Eventually, it will stick. :wink:

Hang in there!

P.S. I don't spank...so I guess you'll have to go hang out in the naughty spot instead... :roll::wink:

Yours in HOPE!

Stacey

THANK YOU STACY! It does really help a lot knowing that others have slipped and have been able to keep on quitting. I am going to talk to my doctor about Chantrix next week and see if that will help. The patches have been a great help, but I don't want to have to stay on them for a lifetime. I am scared to try it cold turkey. For me...the easiest time was the first couple of weeks..it has gotten harder since then. BUT..I will never give up the fight to quit.

Bobby:

I have been thinking about you a lot lately and now this post of yours.....you have done SUPER so far; don't let one slip let you believe that you have failed. I've done 2 quit attempts in my past and, well....if you remember my past posts to you.....it can happen. OK, that just makes you one attempt closer to success (me too, by the way).

I'm interested in how Chantix works for you if you start it before I get there (if you remember, that was my preferred route, but doctor office policy and expense issues precluded that for me right now....but don't forget my non-smoking event coming up this month with my high hopes of just continuing on!!!!).

You just keep your chin up and go for it -- I am too. The more I have been serious about another quit attempt, the more I have noticed my habits changing naturally....there's times that I would have normally enjoyed a smoke and I already don't...this is a good sign to me and my sincere desire to do this permanently too. Somehow, I'm just not interested in another "attempt." I want this next one to "stick."

You go girl.......you'll do it (me too).

Linda

I work in a pharmacy and we have heard great things about Chantix. It seems to work wonders for some of our patients. Check with your insurance first because alot of them require a prior authorization before they will pay for it (without ins, it costs about $115.00 a month). I quit about 8 years ago and it was so hard. Keep up the good work and take it one day at a time.