Getting to Know You - February 6

Ann

It is programmed - not sure when it is whatever, but sometimes it is 68 and sometimes it is 65 and sometimes I manually turn it up to 71.

Winter nights - my nose gets cold. When it is cold, I can't get warm and I hide under a blanket. This makes it very difficult to read, knit whatever. Need to find a nose warmer, any ideas???

70 at night and 72 during the day. But the last two days we had to increase that to 73. Its been in the teens here.

If it was just me the temp would always be at 70 but Joel seems to be always cold.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Maryanne :wink:

A lot of it seems to depend on how cold it is outside. Normally, I set for 68 during the day and 65 at night. When it got into the teens and really windy around here this winter, I kicked it up to 70 'round the clock...somehow I didn't feel as warm inside with all that cold and wind outside.

Daytime set at 71, overnight at 60 - it seldom gets that low but thank goodness for down duvets and a well insulated house!

A programmable thermostat makes me forget about the changes until I get up in the middle of the night and crank up the downstairs heat.

I keep mine somewhere between 68 and 72. I get hot and cold, I'm sure it has nothing to do with menopause :roll: , so the thermostat usually goes up and down like a yo-yo. One minute its hotter than Hades and I can't breathe, there's no air - I turn the heat down and within minutes I'm freezing. My feet and my nose always get cold first.

Our thermostats are not really set properly. If it says 70 on the thermostat a separate thermometer says it is 75. We like to keep the house around 70 in winter and 73 to 75 in summer. That takes a little math as I never know what the thermostat is going to do. We've had it checked to no avail.

Nina