new caregiver, Dad has recurrent small cell lung cancer

Guest ginagage

Guest ginagage

My name is Gina, and my father was just told that his small cell lung cancer has entered the recurring stage (i.e., it came back 2 months after being announced cancer free). The cancer is now in his liver. We're all in shock, sad, and stressed. My Mom and Dad are currently living with me. They had retired and were traveling in their 5th wheel, then Dad got sick. I'm thankful that they are with me so we can support each other. I signed up for this online support group so I could have a place to "vent" while I'm at work. Thanks for letting me share. :)

Hello Gina and welcome,

I am sorry about your Dad but glad you have posted here.

Please let us know how we can help you along the way. There are many caring and knowledgeable folks here who will be more than happy to answer your questions, offer help and support as well as hope and we are always here for you to lean on. Feel free to vent anytime.

Christine

Guest ginagage

Wow. Hello everyone, and you are all in my thoughts and prayers too. What an overwhelming response! I can't tell you what it means to me to hear from all of you. I will share this with my Mom and Dad, and hopefully I'll be able to share some of my experience, strength, and hope with all of you. I wish you all a wonderful day and will keep you all in my prayers.