Frankie Lamb- 2/08/2007

pjdarin

Here it is almost 12 am Eastern time. I have not been on here since this morning so I just now read the news about the passing or our hero, humorist, kind hearted, caring, loving friend.

I missed the candle light, bud, donut but I just lit a candle now which is glowing very brightly. Its an ominous site.

Heaven has received a wonderful gift. His presence here will be immensely missed with a big void on this board. It is so hard to know that we will not see Frank's bald head holding his grandson again. Or him stopping by our cyber pub to have a bud light and a chocolate dounut. But there will be a chair there just for him, at the bar with his name on it with a bud light and choc. donut always there just for him.

It just so hard for us who are physically here, and he is gone. I do know that Frank definitely is in a better place and is at peace. Right now it just does make it any easier. I miss so much already.

I just want to send my deepest condolences to dear Connie, Pattie and the rest of his family.

Frank, my friend rest in peace.

Love ya bud, (yes, Frank pun intended) :) had to add some of your humor in here.

Maryanne :cry:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am fairly new to this site, having joined about 4 months ago. Frank's posts were always special to me. His last several posts, however, were truly powerful. He approached his most recent journey with quietly stunning grace and dignity, and the rare courage to follow a path of his choosing. I wish him eternal peace, and I wish his dear family solace and comfort.

I am in shock and abit of denial....I almost refuse to believe that "our Frank" won't be on these boards anymore. Frank gave me so many words of encouragement through Daddys journey and after his passing.... I hope knew how much he meant to us all.

Godspeed my friend Frank and I hope heaven realizes how lucky it is to have you!!! Love, Sharon

We will really miss Frank, as recently as 2/4/07 he was here posting as he had been for over 3 yrs. He nearly made over 5,000 posts reaching out to help! We will miss our good friend. I offer my prayers for your peace during this most difficult time.

Sincerely Donna G

I knew this day was coming, and like many others, was not prepared for how hard it would be. We never are prepared. Frank brought so much to LCSC and his physical absence will leave an unfillable void; but his spirit will live on forever.

My deepest sympathy to you Connie, and you Patti and all of Frank's family.

Yesterday, I just couldn't manage to even post about the loss of such a great friend to us all. After drinking a beer by candlelight last night and crying my eyes out, I can talk about this today. Frank was such a wonderful friend to all of us. He seemed to have the ability to just "know" when we needed a special little PM to cheer us up and make the hurt seem a little less painful. When I have been at my very lowest times and missing Dennis the most, Frank would always PM me and tell me about a military buddy that he served with that looked so much like Dennis. He would tell me that the resemblence was so great, he felt as if he knew my Dennis. This always seemed to make me feel better. Frank had a wonderful sense of humor and could always make us laugh, even at the worst of times. I know that I will never log on to this board again without thinking of Frank. I pray that God appoints Frank as our official "Angel of Humor and Happiness" to watch over all of us. My heart breaks for Connie and all of Frank's family. I will never see a chocolate donut without thinking of our dear friend Frank.

Patti:

I'm so sorry to read this -- thank you so much for letting us know. Frank was (and still is) a very special presence to all of us. I admired so much his humour and lightheartedness in the midst of this dx -- where he found some of the humour he listed here, I'm not sure, but he sure brightened many of my days right up when I came here just wanting to be so down sometimes.

I also admired the depth of his beautiful being -- the poems and such that I've read in his posts...those were awesome to me and moved me in ways I still don't totally understand.

Please accept my sincere condolences to you and your family at your tremendous loss.

Linda

So saddened to see this post. Can not see the screen for the tears. Frank was a truly wonderful person and will be missed greatly. I am sure God has a plan for him and Frank will surely live up to it. Prayers that his family find peace in knowing that Frank fought the valiant fight and was a winner in so many ways.

The only words I can think of are, "well fought, well done".

The closest source must have been from the album "Against the Odds", although I don't remember ever hearing it.

Frank,

"Well done my child, Your race is over

You have fought the fight and you've kept the faith

Enter into the joy of the Lord

Well done my child, your crown is waiting

Here is your robe of white

your mansion is just in sight

Come into the city of light

Well done my child."

John

Dear Pattie,

I have just seen your post and I would like to offer yo and your family my deepest sympathy.

Frank was a wonderful presence on this board. So encouraging and up-beat, even while struggling with his own battle.

I will always remember his often "naughty" jokes, especially the cute one with the Scots soldiers and their kilts!!

God Bless him, he will be missed.

Paddy