xanax info needed, instead of lexapro

Robin

Xanax is a "Band-Aid". You don't have to take it every day, you take it when needed. It calms down the feeling of panic and lets you be yourself again. There are anti-anxiety medications you can take daily, as well, so if you find you are popping the Xanax like candy, you may want to re-visit that with your doctor.

It works for me.

I am not a medicine taker at all, but I had a bout of anxiety a few years ago that had me a mess-dizziness, nausea, sick sick sick. I had a brain MRI and other tests and come to find out, anxiety was wreaking all of this havoc on me! I was given xanax, which I would not use. I was too afraid. My sweet mama was there for every step of all of it and she encouraged me to try 1/2 of a xanax and it helped tremendously, almost immediately! I eventually went on to take Lexapro for a year which helped with the highs and lows, kept me on an even keel. I weaned myself off of the Lexapro after a year and all of the symptoms are gone now. Mine was probably situational at the time, but I have had stress since (dealing with th Drs, rehab, insurance issues for my mom) and any time I feel anxious, I tell myself "this is anxiety", just breathe and it will pass. Hope this helps you!!!

I take xanax at night to help calm my brain and during the day ONLY when I am totally stressed or anxious. It is a life saver. I have taken it for almost 15 years and never had to up the dose to get the same results. I am also on wellbutrin for depression. Anxiety and depressions sometimes go hand in hand but they are not the same. I take .25 (the white one) and often only take 1/2 of it. My husband takes .5. Neither of us have found the need to increase our doses so I guess its like pain meds. If you need it you won't get hooked. Just don't take it for "fun".

Nina

Me and Xanax are buddies...when I want a fix...I want it in 5 minutes and that's what xanax does for me...I am on .5 when needed...but mostly take one at bedtime to relax me and stop my mind from traveling to the moon...works for me and it will work for you...don't be afraid of it...Hope this helps...PamS.

Hi Robin, I use Xanex for almost immediate relief from anxiety. I only use it when I really need it. I still use Xanex beginning a few weeks before test times.

Lexapro is a good long term mood lifter. Ambian is excellent for sleep. Has your doc given you some yet?

Robin, it looks like your docs are planning to shrink and remove? My prayers that the treatments do their job.

Barb

I believe in the power of drugs . . .

the weeks before my surgery I was on Paxil (depression), buspar (anxiety) AND Ativan for those breakthrough times.

I went off the buspar within the year after surgery, but continue with an antidepressent.

And Ativan??? I Don't leave home without it :wink:

gail

Xanax didn't do the trick for me since I seem to have what my doctor calls daily anxiety attacks ,

I didn't realize it until he poined out the symptoms and I had 10 out of 12 :shock:

So, I was put on Valium, I take it every morning to prevent the attacks, where as xanax is taken at the start of an attack.

Kathy